addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Hudson Valley Pug Meetup Group Message Board › SPRING HAS SPRUNG AND SO HAS OUR MEETUP SEASON!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG AND SO HAS OUR MEETUP SEASON!

Carol
Rosie-n-Mikey
Poughkeepsie, NY
Hello Fellow Pug Lovers....

Well, it looks like the nice weather is finally here and you know what that means....the pugs are ready to hit the pavement, play in pug pens, and socialize with all their pug friends! Yes, it's time to launch our meetup season. As always, our kick off will be the Beacon Barks Parade and Street Festival on Saturday, April 27th (rain date will be Sunday, April 28th). I will be posting the details on our meetup site and sending out a separate email with all the details. Please RSVP, if possible, as we like to know about how many members will be participating. The pugs are a crowd favorite every year and we love to continue the tradition...who doesn't love to see a grumble of pugs! To find out more about this event and the schedule of events, please go to their website at http://www.beaconbark...­ (while at the site, check out the "about" link and see a picture of our parading pugs!)

Another awesome event that is happening this Sunday, April 14th from 11am-6pm, is the Go Dog Go Show at the Mid Hudson Civic Center. Do you think your pug is the cutest, smartest and funniest around...well here is the place to let him/her shine. It's a dog show for every dog....mixed breed or pure bred, big or small, talented or not, or just plain adorable. All proceeds from the event will go to local animal rescues and advocacy efforts. You can pre-register until Wednesday night, April 10th or just come that day and register there. There will be all kinds of activities, categories you can enter your pup in, shopping, food, and vendors to visit...what better way to spend a Sunday with your entire family and furkids. Although this is not an official "pug meetup" event, Laura from Pause Dog Boutique in Rhinebeck always puts on awesome events for such worthy causes so we always love to give our pug support. To find out all the details, please visit their site at http://www.pausedogbo...­

Lastly, for those that enjoy going to the Walkway Over the Hudson, there will be a Dog Walk and Rescue Day on Saturday, April 20th from 11am-4pm. The walk takes place from 9am-11am. If the weather cooperates, it's a great way to get some exercise with your pugs, take in some awesome scenery and support dog rescue. If some of you would like to walk together, we can plan on meeting there at a specific time. Just let me know if you are interested. Rosie, Mikey and I are always up for a good stroll.

All these events are all breed events so all you non-pug siblings are welcome to join us. I can't wait to see all our veteran members and to welcome and meet our new ones!

I think that's about it for now and as always, if you have any questions, please always feel free to contact me. Hope to see you soon!

Pug hugs,

Carol :-)