addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Hudson Valley Pug Meetup Group Message Board › some new changes and important info for this year....

some new changes and important info for this year....

Carol
Rosie-n-Mikey
Poughkeepsie, NY
Hello Fellow Pug Lovers,
I hope your summer is going well. Luckily, it hasn't been too hot for the pugs. I am writing to you all to tell you of some changes that have happened and also a tough decision that I had to make.
First, Lisa, our co-organizer, and Katie, one of the assistant organizers, have decided to step down. Sometimes life gets in the way and there isn't enough time to fit everything in. I know you all join me in thanking them for their past dedication. So now it is Jennifer and myself running the show. If you are a veteran of the group, I'm sure you know Jen. She is actually the one that introduced me to this group 7 years ago. She is the one frequently handing out extra bandanas that she brought to Beacon Barks Day, helping out at the Pugkin Festival with her boyfriend James or just chillin' with everyone along with her pugs, Buster, Darla and Taloula at a meetup. I know we are looking forward to working together and keeping our group going strong....and of course having fun.
Which brings me to the hard decision that I had to make regarding this year's Pugkin Festival. Due to "life getting in the way" at my house with some much needed repairs happening during late August through mid October, I just can't devote the time and energy needed to make the Pugkin Festival happen. Jen and I want to put on an event that we can be proud of and if we can't give it our all, then it's just not fair to our members. This is our big fundraiser for the group but after going over our finances, we will have just enough to pay for our website fees and any money left over will go to next year's event. I PROMISE THAT NEXT YEAR WILL BE THE BEST YET, so please bear with us until then. I hope you can understand my decision. Jen and I will be busy through the winter months thinking of ways to make next year's festival bigger and better. If you have any ideas that you would like to see, please feel free to let us know and we will definitely take all suggestions into consideration.
I am hoping to have a regular meetup in September, which i will post on our website very soon. I'm not sure where it will be right now. And we will have our annual Fall walk to enjoy the foliage with our pugs probably in October. Of course we are always here, at our website, to give you information about pet friendly events, questions you may have via our discussion board and Jen and I are always happy to address any questions you may have.
So now you have extra time to get that perfect costume and for your pugs to train for the pug races!
Thank you so much for your continued support, and i truly hope you all can understand my decision. Give all those puggers some extra belly rubs from me tonight and I hope to see you soon.
Pug Hugs,
Carol