add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The London Educational Games Meetup Group (#LEGup) Message Board › Has anybody worked with Apple on getting educational apps into schools?

Has anybody worked with Apple on getting educational apps into schools?

sheila h.
London, GB
Post #: 3
Hello everybody,
I'm developing a series of classical music apps with various orchestras,hoping to get them into schools as part of the GCSE or A level curriculum. There is potential funding from a large organisation to subsidise or underwrite the costs of this, if there are mechanisms for doing so.
Does anybody have experience of working with Apple on educational stuff? Do they provide any help or discounts for quantity?
Any advice, insights or experience, good or bad, would be extremely valuable to me. Thanks!
james l.
user 9410322
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Sheila,

Beyond creating something brilliant that Apple will then feature, check out their Volume Pricing Program - it gives schools the chance to buy apps in bulk often at discounted prices.

Good luck,

Chris O.
London, GB
Post #: 1

Like James says, you just need to make a good app. Apple won't help, unless you get to know them and get featured, which will help your overall marketing & may get spotted by some schools/teachers.

In iTunes Connect when you set your app pricing, you tick 'Discount for Educational Institutions', once they register & if you allow it on your app, they get 50% off­

With Little Digits, every few days/once a week I can see an educational bulk buy, so someone will buy 20-30 copies.

Once your app is online, submit it to review sites like http://teacherswithap...­

Here is a big list http://www.reviewford...­