addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The London Music Gig Group Message Board › Group Announcement

Group Announcement

Colin T.
user 14444442
Group Organizer
London, GB
To all the new members, welcome to what I aim to make the best meet-up group for live music in London spanning all different genres but with a focus on mainstream pop/rock and radio-friendly rn'b and hip/hop.

Sorry for not welcoming you individually but I've been a little too busy lately - the demands of modern living. Anyway, greetings also to all those who previously joined as well.

With a new year, now's the chance to get this group motoring.  The key is to organise as many different meet-ups as possible so as to give members the widest choice possible.  We all know that people are busy with jobs and lives and what-not so we want to cater to different tastes and locations for that matter, especially as we know the effect of snow on London transport.

With that in mind, I'd like to encourage people to propose meet-ups of their own and as long as it's within the ball-park of what the group is about, I'll make sure it's announced.  I also want to invite people to become organisers of the group, so they can announce gigs themselves.  So email me if you're interested, and you should be if you're into live music!  Just remember not to get disconcerted if not many members attend the first gig or so.  Believe me, it's pretty hard to yank people away from their TV, cyberspace, comfort zone etc.  But the whole point of a group like this is to get people out there, in the real world.  So you're performing an important public service here.  In fact, you may even earn a citizenship award :).  Just aim to get a critical mass and then watch the snowball effect.

So lets get to that critical mass!

Warm Regards,

A former member
Post #: 27
Dear Colin

I am already an Organiser on London Rock Meet-Up and run my own local social group. I am always looking out for good gigs and venues and attend as many as I possibly can at which I am always happy to host. They are mostly blues/rock based but also Open Mike Nights ( at which I myself, perform) and Jazz nights.

You have already posted one of my suggestions, for which I thank you.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Sheila Thornton
Organiser: Wandsworth & Battersea Social Meet Up