This event is on rain or shine!
We are meeting at the McLean Pond parking lot. For a map click HERE.
The gate for the McLean Pond parking lot can be accessed via the Vancouver Tree Farm driveway [masked]th Avenue). However, instead of heading into the Tree Farm, enter the yellow gate immediately west (left) of farm’s entrance.
Look for sandwich boards to direct you as to where to go
Getting yourself there
Carpool. This park is out of the way, so let's get each other there via carpooling. There are often Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers willing to provide a ride! If you need a ride log into your meetup account, click on "join us" on this page and leave a message briefly describing where you can offer or need a ride from. You can also leave a message at the bottom of this page in the box where it says "post a comment". Don't forget to chip in for gas if you get a ride ($5 for every hour of drive is about right).
Your organizer also sends an email reminder to everyone signed up to participate a day before the event and your request for a ride may be included so send an email to: [masked]
There is no transit to this location
Cycle. There are bicycle maps here (great cycling in this area!):http://vancouver.ca/engsvcs/transport/cycling/bikeways/maps.htm
- Meet at 9.45 am (please don't be late)
- Walk to site (about a 5-8 min walk). Note: if you are late follow green arrows
- Remove ivy from 10am - 1pm (with breaks and refreshments).
- For those interested in exploring Campbell Valley Regional Park, we will walk and eat a packed lunch at 1pm (please bring your own lunch)
What to bring
- Your rain jacket in case it is raining. Our events in the rain have still been great fun!
- If it's sunny, bring a hat and sunscreen
- Gardening gloves if you have them (otherwise they'll be provided for you)
- Ideal footwear: waterproof hiking boots, sturdy outdoor shoes, rubber boots. No open toe shoes, heels or fashionable shoes/boots
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Long sleeves and long pants are ideal (this will help reduce scratches from thorny plants that you may brush up against).
- Water (to bring with you to the work site) - Please don't forget this
- A lunch if you are sticking around after 1pm
What will be provided for you
- Gloves, tools and equipment. If you have your own gardening gloves, feel free to bring them
- Snacks for the break
- Instruction - Metro Vancouver Parks staff will give you the run down about the work we will be doing (you don't need to have experience to participate). There will be a safety talk and an orientation of the site.
- A volunteer letter emailed to you after the event to confirm your hours if you need it
About Campbell Valley Regional Park
Campbell Valley Park is one of the best picnic sites in the south Fraser Valley. It has miles of walking trails. Little River Loop Trail (2.3 kms) wanders through the meadows and forested slopes of the valley bottom. A longer stroll follows Shaggy Mane Trail.
We've been here before
For photos from the last time we were at Campbell Valley Regional Park click --> HERE
Metro Vancouver Parks