Consider making a donation to the Lower Mainland Green Team because..
1) While it doesn't cost anything for volunteers to participate, there are costs to run events such as: gloves, tools, equipment, refreshments, native plants/trees, signage, communication materials and organization/coordination.
2) You get more bang for your buck. Very little overhead for your money to disappear into. Also, very little bureaucracy, so a lot more gets done on much less money!
3) Our work has a direct positive environmental impact. Come see first hand.
4) We are transparent. The green team organizer will happily show you receipts.
5) You think the organizer is doing a good job and you want to make sure she keeps going.
How to donate
Our partner, The Pacific Parklands Foundation, collects donations on our behalf; therefore your donation is tax deductible.
There are two ways to donate:
1) Click on: DONATE TO THE LOWER MAINLAND GREEN TEAM then:
a) fill in the donation amount
b) indicate the donation frequency (one time or repeat)
c) Use the drop down menu at Fund/Designation to click on "Program - Lower Mainland Green Team".
d) Follow up with instructions on how you want your money to be used. Note: There is a 3.9% fee, paid to Canada Helps to administer donations online. The efficiency of donating online offsets the cost.
2) Send a cheque payable to the "Pacific Parklands Foundation" to the 6th Floor, 4330 Kingsway, Burnaby BC V5H 4G8. Include instructions as to how you want the money used by the Lower Mainland Green Team.
Note: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let Lyda, the LMGT organizer, know you have made a donation and she will ensure the money was received.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Surrey Street Audit Nov 23 2013||November 25, 2013 6:33 AM||Lyda S.|
|Invasive plant removal at Hume Park (Nov 17 2013)||November 17, 2013 4:14 PM||Kristen|
|Earthwise Farm Nov 16 2013||November 18, 2013 8:45 AM||Lyda S.|
|Cedar Grove Park Nov 16 2013||November 18, 2013 12:42 PM||Lyda S.|
|Youth at Delta Nature Reserve Nov 14 2013||November 15, 2013 1:39 PM||Lyda S.|
|Youth at Coquitlam River Park Nov 5 2013||November 12, 2013 8:09 AM||Lyda S.|
|Planting at Duprez Ravine Nov 3 2013||November 3, 2013 5:54 PM||Kristen|
|Youth at Lower Como Creek Oct 30 2013||October 30, 2013 2:45 PM||Lyda S.|
|Minnekhada Regional Park Oct 27 2013||October 30, 2013 2:22 PM||Lyda S.|
|Tynehead Regional Pk ivy pull Oct 26 2013||November 3, 2013 7:13 PM||Lyda S.|
|Youth at Campbell Valley Regional Park Oct 25 2013||October 28, 2013 5:31 PM||Lyda S.|
|Youth at Tynehead Regional Park Oct 23 2013||October 23, 2013 6:36 PM||Lyda S.|