addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Madison Healthy Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Recipe For Dehydrated Kale Chips

Recipe For Dehydrated Kale Chips

A former member
Post #: 7
Here is the recipe for the dehydrated kale chips I made for the Orton Park Potluck on June 9:

2 bunches curly leaf kale
3/4 c tahini
1/4 c tamari
1/4 c raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 c water
2 green onions
1 clove garlic
1 lemon (juiced)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c nutritional yeast

Wash the kale, remove the stems and ribs (I used them in my morning smoothie) and tear or cut into smaller pieces.

Put the rest of the ingredients into your VitaMix and process until smooth. Pour the mixture over the kale leaves and mix well with your hands to coat all the pieces. Put the pieces on a texflex-lined dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 105 F for about 6 hours. Since you want these to be really crispy, you can't really overdehyrate.

Enjoy!

Stephanie F

A former member
Post #: 11
Great recipe Stephanie. I made them last night and added in a little tomato too. I couldn't really taste a difference though.