This group is centered in Columbia Maryland, however, we have meetings elsewhere in Maryland, as well.
Everybody is welcome to join the group and attend our events.
We appreciate suggestions. If you have any suggestions, please edit our Future events, suggestions, comments page, or email the organizer or one of the assistant organizers.
The group is in the process of change. The old organizer stepped down, and I, Marjeta, stepped up. I realize that organizing such a big and diverse group is a big task, so I appreciate any help. So far, 6 people offered help or ideas, and they are assistant organizers, which allows them to schedule events and some other details about running the group. There's still room for more, if you want to volunteer.
In the past we've had meetings every 4th Tuesday of the month. We met in a restaurant for dinner and discussion. A few times we met in private homes and watched movies.
While we look for new direction, we appreciate any comments and ideas, how to make this group lively and interesting.
We had a planning meeting on 5/21/2008. I will write a summary of what was discussed as soon as I get some time.
0 Be respectful to other group members. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
1. Please respond YES, MAYBE, or NO to as many events as you can. When you respond NO, please attach a comment, suggesting what we can do to accommodate you.
2. If your plans change, please update your response.
3. If you respond YES, you must attend the event, or find a way to inform the organizer that you won't be able to attend.
3. Visit the group's web site at least once every month.
4. Attend an event at least once every 3 months. If there is a situation preventing to comply with this rule, please inform the organizer. If you can not attend because of timing or location of events, please let us know what timing and location would work for you.
5. If anyone is inactive for more than 3 months, they will be removed from the group. Please note that this is not personal. If you get removed from the group because of inactivity, you are more than welcome to re-join the group.
6. If anyone repeatedly no-shows when responding YES, that person will be removed from the group.