Our group (Sangha) meets most Sunday's, when together we experience a silent meditation session followed by a short break followed by a talk almost always connected with intelligent, enlightened group discussions. If time is available, we will share the experience of a guided meditation exercise.
The topics presented during our sitting group exist on a paradigm from simple to complex, but remain connected to the practice of Insight Meditation, or Mindfulness.
From a perspective that most will find useful, the talks are offered in a modern and enjoyable context; providing the groundwork for intellectual stimulation, always with the intention of revealing an accessible contact to this ancient teaching.
This is accomplished using Buddhist Psychological theories and other contemplative components with practical applications. No dogma, never religious rites and rituals, and nothing to believe in…just everything to be in!
The Mindfulness Method Website
We also provide a six week, Foundations of Meditation Series that examines the practice of Mindfulness Meditation. All the necessary tools are available for the person who's interested in learning the practice. The classes are also for someone who meditates, but wants to rekindle and revivify their practice.
Here's what you can expect:
- Obtain a highly effective way of reducing physical and mental stress.
- Develop your ability to pay attention to your immediate experience.
- Acquire an in-depth capacity to look at how we think (our cognitive abilities).
- Realize our pre-occupation with thoughts about the past or the future recognizing that often they contribute to stress, fear and dissatisfaction.
- Learn how to overcome our pre-occupations so that we can clearly see what is happening in our lived experience of the present.
- Learn how the brain actually works (its neuorplasticity) so that we can better understand just how the practice of mediation changes things for the better!
Given sequentially over six weeks, this course provides fundamental instructions in the practice of Mindfulness Meditation in a convenient and comfortable environment.
And a four week Intermediate course.
See the website Intro Meditation Class page for more information.