|From:||John Hakim B.|
|Sent on:||Monday, September 17, 2012 7:29 PM|
Here are three items from the Sufi/Dances of Universal Peace nexus of the Light Upon Light Sufi Center. Details below.
1. No zikr on Thursday, September 20, 2012.
2. The Light Upon Light Sufi Center has a new website: http://www.lulsuficenter.org/
3. A special event is happening on Friday and Saturday, 9/28 and 9/29 combining four paths. “The Way In: Walking Four Mystic Paths”
1. No zikr on Thursday. Ordinarily, Hakim would be presenting zikr of the Sufi Ruhaniat International every Thursday. However, September 20 is his parent’s 60th wedding anniversary and they have asked Hakim, Karima, Garek, and Elizabeth to perform at the Coffee Grounds on Hamline as a part of the anniversary celebration. The show starts at 7 with Hakim’s parents performing, then Hakim and his dad will do a couple of songs, and then Hakim’s family will do about an hour.
2. More than a year in the making! We are very pleased with the look of the new website and we encourage you to visit. This will be the central place for information relating to the Light Upon Light Sufi Center events, which include: Dances of Universal Peace, Zikrs (the Sufi Ceremony of the Remembrance of God) from both orders that Karima and Hakim represent, special events, and visiting teachers.
3. The Way In: Walking Four Mystic Paths”, Friday and Saturday, 9/28 and 9/29.
Deep within the social and cultural structures of world religions lies a common heart - the actual experiencing of Divine Presence. Each religion has distinct pathways and practices for inviting that experience. Join us in walking multiple paths up the same mountain to picnic together where the summit opens into Transcendent Reality. Our two Sufi orders partner with the Centers of Light (Christian mystics centersoflight.org) and Gita for the Masses (esoteric spiritual practices of India, gitaforthemasses.org) for a special interfaith experience.
Friday 9/28, 7pm - 9pm; Saturday 9/29, 9am - 9pm
Light Upon Light Sufi Center
Friday evening - $15 | Saturday - $60 | Both - $70 $10 off for early registration by September 24th.
Lunch is brown bag and dinner Saturday is provided
For directions to the Light Upon Light Sufi Center consult: http://www.lulsuficenter.org/
Registration & Questions