We're inviting web testers from all skill levels to our San Fransisco space to learn hands-on how we test our websites! Bring your laptop, pick a project that interests you, and work alongside our WebQA team as we push our web testing to the next level! If you're an expert in performance testing, why not find out how we do functional testing? Even if you're completely new to web testing, we'll help to get you up and running. Become a Mozilla contributor and help us make the web a better place!
Here are a few of the projects that we'll be offering:
- Automated mobile web testing - writing WebDriver tests for mobile, using emulators, devices, and boards
- Migrating projects from Selenium RC to WebDriver - find out what we've learned, and help us to migrate more projects
- Integrating with BrowserID - A new form of online identity, as sites adopt it, we need to be able to automate with it
- Increasing our automation coverage - Help us to add new tests to our mozilla.com and Mozilla Developer Network test suites
- Expand our test templates - Due to the velocity of engagement projects we've created automated testing templates, with your help we can make these even better
- Pay off technical debt - Almost every project accrues a technical debt, and this is a perfect opportunity to pay some of this off
- Automated test maintenance - Investigate failures with us, fix some tests, or raise bugs and mark the tests as expected to fail
- Improve documentation - A project is only as good as it's documentation
There will also be an opportunity to learn about the tools we use: NetSparker, Power Fuzzer, JMeter, Selenium, pytest (and various plugins), BeautifulSoup, git, and more!
This event will be limited in space, and you will need to bring your own laptop to work on.