addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The NYC Declutter And Get Organized Meetup Group Message Board › NYC Artist wants to help you remember keepsakes as you declutter!

NYC Artist wants to help you remember keepsakes as you declutter!

Nicole
user 3078314
Group Organizer
Brooklyn, NY
This request came in from a thought-provoking artist whom I read about in the NY Times and subsequently posted the article to the Genius Organizing blog. How fitting that she found me and asked me to pass her request along to you all! Here it is:

Hi Declutterers! I am a Brooklyn based artist, primarily working in photography and video. I’m working on a new project, “The Secret Life of Objects,” a collaboration with the Institute for Challenging Disorganization. “The Secret Life of Objects” considers how objects are connected with our memories, our sense of self, and the process of letting go of possessions. Do you have a meaningful object that you are ready to part with? If you would like to give your object a “new life,” please consider making a contribution to this project.

The objects can be anonymously sent to me, along with a personal story that describes the history and significance behind the objects. In exchange I will mail you a photograph of your object. I will also post about your contribution on my blog. I’m currently working with the objects I’ve collected so far – making photographic installations of the images I’ve taken, sometimes taking the objects apart and recombining them in sculptures. I respond to each submission on an individual basis. I will be sharing the results of this project at the Institute for Challenging Disorganization conference next fall in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Please contact me as soon as possible- my deadline for completing the project is fast approaching! 
To learn more about this project visit my blog: http://secretlifeofobjects.tumblr.com/­

Or see the recent New York Times article: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/garden/04botz.html?pagewanted=2­

To learn more about my work visit: www.corinnebotz.com

Thanks so much and I hope you will consider participating in this project! Please email me if you have any questions or would like to submit:secretobjects1@gmail.com­