New Orleans Area Feral and Outside Cats Meetup Group Message Board › LA (Plaquemines Parish) How to Help Animals and How to Request Help for Anim
LA (Plaquemines Parish) How to Help Animals and How to Request Help for Animals in Plaquemines Parish
Send e-mail to the orangizer of this group, Diane Michell, for information on ways to volunteer to help directly or to receive a PDF copy of the poster.
- Plaquemines Parish Animal Control is available to respond to calls for assistance needed for animals.
- Help spread word on these contact numbers and information for obtaining help with animals to people you know in Plaquemines Parish.
- Please print and post flyer - see poster in following post.
- Please cross post!
PHONE NUMBERS: Plaquemines Parish Animal Control 504-393 0215. If don’t reach anyone, leave a message, and also call the Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness (OEP) 504-274-2476
These numbers should be called to report:
· Any animals who are in danger and are in need of assistance
· If you are aware of locations where animals need food and ater or assistance
· If pets are left in a house and the owner needs assistance
· If you or anyone you know is aware of houses where there may be animals inside and owners have not returned
· If missing a pet.
Please Help Spread the Word to Your Friends and Family who are back in or accessing Plaquemines Parish to:
PLEASE PUT OUT FOOD AND WATER FOR ANY OUTSIDE ANIMALS.[/b]
Attached is a Poster that has the Animal Control and Emergency Numbers for Several of the Parishes that were Affected by Isaac:[/b]
If you in or accessing Plaquemines Parish (or in other areas that were flooded) please post the attached flyer at distribution centers and places where people pick up supplies, gas stations, community boards, disaster recovery stations, evacuation centers, etc.
Plaquemines Parish list of open businesses (additional places where flyers can be posted):
http://... www.plaqueminesparish.com/story Detail.php?ID=60
Plus: FEMA Disaster Recovery Center set up at the Belle Chasse Auditorium at 8398 Hwy 23 in Belle Chasse.
Distribution centers Port Sulphur Community Center at 278 Civic Drive, Boothville-Venice Elementary School at 1 Oiler Drive, and the Percy Griffin Community Center at 15577 Hwy 15 in Davant.
More information on Plaquemines Parish animals:
· Local resident foster homes needed to help house pets for those residents who have lost their homes and will be displaced for some time. If anyone feels that they can become a foster family and they live in the area, call animal control and say you want to foster a dog or cat, or other animal. Animal controls are interviewing people in shelters to see who may need long term help with animals.
· Animal control has the authority to enter a house if they feel an animal is in danger so if someone is unsure if a pet is in the house or in danger they should call animal control.
· Animal control has supplies cages, bowls and food to help.
· Animal control sent pet food to the points of distribution for people to get water, ice and supplies. They are also delivering food to those isolated.
· People are allowed back in so if they are looking for missing pets animal control is the place to start.
· Horses that were removed they were taken to Rescue Ranch or the Poydras Arena. Hay distribution for horses is through animal control for St John, Plaquemines, and St Bernard parishes.
Rescue Ranch FaceBook: remove spaces
http://... www.facebook.com/pages/ Rescue-Ranch/138140506218717
· PAWS is the humane organization associated with Plaquemines Parish Animal Control.
PAWS FaceBook: remove spaces
http://... www. facebook.com/ paws2003
web site - remove spaces
http://... paws4life.org/? page_id=894
Edited by Diane Michell on Sep 14, 2012 4:51 AM
POSTER (text version)
Do You Need Help with your Animals?
Here is Who to Call:
Parish animal shelters are there to assist you if you need some help with animals. The best way to contact the parish animal shelter is to call them. If they do not answer or if you can only leave a message, which you should do, then you should also call the parish Office of Emergency Preparedness (OEP) which is located at the parish Emergency Operations Center (EOC.)
If an animal has been left and needs food and water or needs to be evacuated, call and be persistent. You must talk to a person to make sure your message is heard and that person should be given multiple ways to contact you (phone, e-mail, etc.).
• Address where the animals are, including the Parish:
• Description of animals (number, breed, detailed description):
• What type of assistance is needed:
• Contact name:
• Phone number:
If your animals are evacuated, you will need to make a point to find out where they are and how to contact staff so you can confirm their location and condition every day. As always, show respect when you call. You are stressed, but the person on the other end of the phone is probably a neighbor who has been working long hours and who also may have had to evacuate.
PLEASE POST THIS FLYER IN GAS STATIONS AND WHERE PEOPLE PICK UP SUPPLIES
Ascension Animal Control: 225-675-6557 Ascension OEP: 225-621-8360
Assumption Animal Control: 985-369-7283 (jail!) Assumption OEP: 985-369-7351
Jefferson Animal Control: 504-736-6111 Jefferson OEP: 504-349-5360
Lafourche Animal Control: 985-446-3532 Lafourche OEP: 985-532-8174
Livingston Animal Control: 225-686-3030 Livingston OEP: 225-686-3066
Plaquemines Animal Control: 504-393-0215 Plaquemines OEP: 504-274-2476
Orleans Animal Control: 504-368-5191 Orleans OEP: 504-658-8700
St. Bernard Animal Control: 504-278-1534 St. Bernard OEP: 504-278-4268
St. Charles Animal Control: 985-783-5010 St. Charles OEP: 985-783-5050
St. Helena OEP: 225-222-3544
St. James OEP: 225-562-2364
St. John the Baptist Animal Control: 985-651-7387 St. John the Baptist OEP: 985-652-2222
St. Tammany Animal Control: 985-809-0183 St. Tammany OEP: 985-898-2359
Tangipahoa Animal Control: 985-543-0215 Tangipahoa OEP: 985-748-3211
Terrebonne Animal Control: 985-873-6709 Terrebonne OEP: 985-873-6357
Washington Animal Control: 985-732-2463 Washington OEP: 985-839-0434
Edited by Diane Michell on Sep 14, 2012 5:02 AM