The New York Roof Deck and Roof Gardening Meetup Group Message Board › tonight, this weekend and next week: public rooftop events!

tonight, this weekend and next week: public rooftop events!

leslie
user 4029251
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hi NYC Rooftop Gardening Enthusiasts,
Wanted to let you know that tonight at 7 p.m. on the High Line under the Standard Hotel (at Little West 12th Street) is a free art performance, Pablo Bronstein: Intermezzo. Two ballet dancers in fancy dresses will climb a palm tree. I guess you have to see it to get it. I can't make it but I hope you can.
Friday, Sat and Sun, very close to the Flatiron Bldg, is the 2nd Annual Rooftop Reading Series put on by Redshirt Entertainment. I'll be there Fri at 630 with my photographer (shooting it for my rooftop book!). I went last year and this was fantastic, and a super roof too. Here's what they say about it:

"Now in it’s second year, the Red Shirt Rooftop Reading Series features 10 plays written by 10 different playwrights. The event takes place on the roof of Red Shirt Entertainment’s Midtown Manhattan office.
Five performances will be held on Friday night, September 20, with five more on Saturday night, September 21. A climactic marathon of all ten will be held on Sunday afternoon, September 22. Each play will run approximately ten minutes long and feature a maximum of three actors."
Finally, on Sept 27, if the skies are clear, Pupin Hall at Columbia University has a free rooftop telescope astronomy observation. I've been before and it's just wonderful. I plan to be at that. There is an optional lecture in the basement first, and then you get to enjoy this tall uptown rooftop with an amazing view, and see the planets through their telescope - last time I was there, I got to see the rings of Saturn - it was so exciting!
Gardening season might be winding down, but NYC rooftops are active  year-round! Enjoy the views and the sensation when you are above it all.
Best,
Leslie