Peter C.
user 149290572
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 1
Does anybody have a 3D printer I could potentially use to print a part for my work? I can pay to make it worth the trouble. I just don't have enough for professional printing services. The part is about 9 inches long and roughly 2 inches in diameter but can easily be split into two parts if your build platform is too small.

Thanks for your time,
Peter
Fran R.
FRabuck
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 26
Peter you might also try 3d hubs. They spoke at one of out meetings. 3d hubs allows individual to make their 3d printers available for a negotiated price to print a part. Another source are the various fablabs in the area. Several of our members do have 3d printers and may help you out.
Peter C.
user 149290572
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 2
Thank-you so much, I believe for this particular print I am going to use a local print shop I found through Makexyz. I will keep those services in mind for future prints.

Fran R.
FRabuck
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 27
makeXYZ and 3D hubs have similiar business models. We would all appreciate sharing your experience and maybe consider a quick talk/presentation on your experience (and your model) at the next meeting - as soon as we get it scheduled.
Fran R.
FRabuck
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 28
Interested in your experience with make XYZ. Did your print experience work as expected?