align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Phoenix Washington Redskins Meetup Group Message Board › Home Sweet Home!!

Home Sweet Home!!

Mary
user 9025980
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 7
Hello. Just joined the group. I just moved out here from Maryland (lived in Gaithersburg then Frederick). That location works just fine for me. To be honest I'm more worried about being able to watch the game than I am about the location! HTTR

Hi Luke,
It will be nice to meet you. Bob is from Maryland (Gaithersburg & Germantown) and worked in Frederick!
This is a nice group!
Mary
Christopher B.
Chris_Brandon
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 5
Hey Joe,

I know I've suggested a change to the location before because from Gilbert it's about 35-40 minutes for me to get to Arena, which means over an hour travel time. We tried a few other locations in the east valley two years ago. Blue 32 is too crowded and unless someone gets there early enough to grab a large table it's all shot to hell. That place fills up 100% every Sunday. There's a new place that just opened up on Gilbert Rd. between Warner & Ray called BoomBozz. It's got a great beer selection and fantastic food but I know it's probably too far for most of the north PHX people to come down to and the majority of their seating is booths, which wouldn't lend to well to the large group at times. It just opened last month so I don't know what it looks like on a football Sunday, but if it's anything like other sports bars in the east valley, it'll be packed.

I've been to Feeny's a couple of times. It's a bit closer than Arena, but just about as far. I really love the people there and the atmosphere, but I would say the food and pricing at Arena is much more affordable.

We just had a new little Hog to the family, so I wanna bring him out to watch one game with the family. But alas I'm probably going to spend most of my time with him at home since we just got DirecTV.

I know I've always had a great time going to Arena the first few years I went, it just pretty much occupies my entire day. I'm definitely looking forward to a wonderful RGIII year! HTTR!