The Portland Dog-Lovers Meetup Group Message Board › Fenced Play Dates?

Fenced Play Dates?

Kari S.
user 58362062
Oregon City, OR
Post #: 1
I just joined so it's very possible I just havn't seen anything yet... But can we plan some doggy play dates at fenced in parks?

I ask because Laruelhurst turned out to be too much for my dog to handle. He gets SO excited when we play or if there are other dogs that he just can't hear me over his own "happy". I havn't had him long enough or well enough trained to leave the bikers alone or to stay in one small area of the park. I know this is more a personal issue but if we just note IF a place is fenced or contained, I would really appreciate it. I havnt been to any parks other then Happy Valley and Laruelhurst so I'm not sure if there are many.

Any tips on how to keep Swazye calm enough to listen would be helpful too!

THANKS!
shannon
user 14504033
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 19
I care for dogs in my large, clean home while people travel so they don't have to use kennels/cages. I spoil them with love and attention as I do my own, and even send daily email updates with photos while people are away. My rates are the lowest anywhere, and I truly love being around groups of dogs. I also host free play dates in my house/yard throughout the year. Let me know if you'd like to come to a play date when the next one is scheduled. I will ask Jennifer if she'll post the next one. :)Shannon
littlepupplaycare@yahoo.com
Melissa
user 3312231
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
Normandale is a fenced area - if you check the calendar you can see there was just an event there. I am sure there will be more!
Si