The Queens Literati Message Board › New to the Book Club Scene - What to expect?

New to the Book Club Scene - What to expect?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

I am absolutely new to the book club scene. I was wondering what to expect? How does it work? I'm assuming everyone reads the book before the meeting and then we just discuss as a group?

Sorry for the silly questions

Thanks!
Jessica
user 8310533
Sydney, AU
Post #: 2
Hi Arsh,

Although our meetups vary, by and large we meet once a month to discuss a literary selection. You can help in the selection process by visiting the "polls" section and voting for the title that appeals to you the most. Occasionally we'll step out to see a movie or meet with an author for an organized discussion; those events will be announced shortly.

As to what you should expect... plan on meeting a bunch of intelligent, friendly people for food & drinks, stay a while, and share your feelings on the book (and whatever else might come up).

If you have any other questions, please let me know... maybe we'll see you in January? :)
J