addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Santa Barbara Game Night Club Message Board The Santa Barbara Game Night Club Discussion Forum › Looking for Playtesters for Board Game I created: Race for the Throne

Looking for Playtesters for Board Game I created: Race for the Throne

David S.
DavidSB
Santa Barbara, CA
Post #: 3
I've had 3 successful playtests and 1 incomplete playtest, but I'm looking for fresh perspectives on a game I'm developing.

What you get:
Pizza and/or other small incentives
Input on the game
hopefully fun

About the game:

It's a worker placement 'Euro' style game for 3-5 players.
I'd estimate a 1.5 hour playtime for the game, though could be longer for new players.

The King has recently died and left no heirs. In it you play one of 5 knights (each with a minor power) competing to take over as king.

You do so by gathering commoners to support you in other tasks such as:

Pursuits (These help you throughout the game but arent worth many victory points -- if comparing to Dominion these would be the 'kingdom cards' of the game)

Quests (These are worth a lot of victory points, but provide no other game benefits -- to again compare to dominion these are the equivalent of duchies)

'Claim the crown (worth a large amount of victory points and can trigger the endgame, cost an increasing number of followers to get -- the equivalent of a province.).

Convince - Convincing the town leaders also gets you victory points, but only one knight may convince each round.

Blessings - These provide game effects, but (in general) no victory points.

David S.
DavidSB
Santa Barbara, CA
Post #: 4

I figured I'd use this thread for feedback from those who've actually played it as well as detailing changes I'm making/ considering.

After the most recent play-test I figured I'd make a couple major changes, based on feedback and based on playtests that worked.

A) There are 13 types of 'Pursuit' cards (the cards which now cost 4 followers); These cards provide varying benefits to players such as speeding up mission time, reducing costs, recruiting more followers, holding more blessings, etc..

One of each card will cost 1 less follower, and be worth zero victory points. These 'cheaper' cards will be set aside in a seperate deck. 6 of them will be dealt either randomly or chosen as part of the recommended set to be 'available' at the start of the game. Pursuits that are available will consist of the entire stack of that type (which includes (Players-1) cards).

Players can 'spend' a follower to replace a currently displayed Missions (which includes both quests *and* pursuits) with the top card in their respective decks. With pursuits this replaces the whole stack, with the top card going to the bottom of the pursuit deck. These followers can be spent immediately if they are 'overflow' (meaning you got more than your limit of followers). This overflow seemed to happen a lot along with players not having a pursuit they wanted to buy out of the available options.

B) Things I'm considering

1) Removal of holy artifacts, making blessings just a draw deck.
2) If above is done - simplifying scoring - making cards (mostly quests+) worth less - making convince worth 1,2,4,8.