Seattle Board Game Design & Play-Test Group Message Board › What are we going to do with what we create?

What are we going to do with what we create?

A former member
Post #: 21
"How do you change the world? For me one of the brightest opportunities to have a meaningful impact is by creating games. Video games, board games, games inside applications...you name it. We are living amidst an explosion of game innovation that will shape the very culture of our society."

So with the wedding game coming along nicely I want to posit the question to the world, what is our little group going to do with the games we create? Though I never imagined this angle forming I have to say it I prefer it to the image I originally had for the group in my head (a network of play-testers).

I greatly enjoyed the "Flash Game Design" experiment and I think it should be a regular occurrence. If once this game is done, and we do it again, and again, and again, what is the end result of all these little projects we create?

I think this conversation is a little premature at this point, but I think it's good to lay the ground-work.

My ideal vision would be that every 6 months or so we release a game into the creative commons as a "print on demand." Perhaps we might seek to have it published professionally if we decided it was worth it. Perhaps we might (self?) publish a "premium" edition.

I like these images and felt compelled to stick them here:

What are your thoughts as a group? What would you like to see done with the game(s) we might create?

Also how does this direction match with my original plan for us as a network of play-testers for each other?

Brandon offered the option that if one wants their game play-tested, they schedule a meet-up to do just that!

What do you think?