addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Seattle Ruby on Rails Developers Meetup Group Message Board › Anyone want to pick up my contract? Build a small app and host for a year $2000

Anyone want to pick up my contract? Build a small app and host for a year $2000

user 5631880
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
December last year, I attempted freelancing. I started development on a project that soon fell through due to funding. The client is back and want's to start development but now I'm at a full time job and no longer have the resources to work on this project.

The Application
Web application that
-creates and manages social events (parties, graduation events, etc.)
-creates and manages users in those events
-find the client a hosting service and deploy or host yourself (12 months if using this option)
-allow basic level users' to enter data on events.

$2000 was my original quote and what was agreed upon. If you can be somewhere within this range PM/email me. Post any questions below so everyone has the benefit of the answer. In the end this will be your project, once I hand you off to my client I'm out of the project.
user 5631880
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
I apologize, after further review I realized I missed another piece of the project which is a requirement

Expanding on Web Application
This is for a DJ who wants to be able to manage the different events he'll be playing music - wedding party entry, reception, etc. Specifically clients should be able to log in, go to the Reception Event and add songs. The application should use AJAX to predict / verify the song they have entered.

Windows Application
Client needs a windows application that will ping his online database, retrieve a list of the requested songs for a particular event, locate those songs on his machine (organized in a root directory), and copy them to a folder on the desktop.

The windows application met a lot of resistance with other developers he checked in with. If you're able to make an attempt at an application that requires him to rename files, etc. he'll be flexible.

I'm interested in hearing anything you have to say about this. Please feel free to post concerns about the projects - if you're willing to do it for a different price just let me know. I'll be passing all of that info along to the client and he can decide who he calls/works with.
A former member
Post #: 9
So there's an existing web application already? It's written in Rails? What features are already implemented?

The windows part sounds pretty easy.
user 5631880
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
No this will need to be written from the ground up or however you choose.
Federico R.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Could users suggest only songs the DJ has available or could suggest any song?
The windows app is not an issue, actually we can run sinatra locally and share the same look and feel of the public web app.

We have a development team available to take ownership on new projects and you are more than welcome to join the team if you want to spend a some hours on this project.