Speaker: Dilip Nayak, DBA at CUDirect
SQL 2012 AlwaysOn Availability Groups is a new unified High availability(HA) and disaster recovery(DR) solution introduced in SQL 2012. This solution is an answer to both HA and DR requirements that is flexible, integrated, and easy to deploy.
You'll see a demo that includes:
- Setting up the Availability Group
- Setting up multiple secondaries
- Manual Failover
- Automated Failover
- AG Listener
- and much more...
- How to set up, manage, and maintain Availability groups in SQL 2012
- Create availability group failovers between data centers
- How to utilize the replicas for backup and other tasks
Speaker Dilip Nayak works as a DBA at CUDirect Corporation. He specializes in SQL performance tuning, high availability, and database administration. Dilip has over 17 years of IT experience starting as a VB/.NET developer and has been working with SQL for the past 8 years.