Good day fellow SG Musicians!
Appreciate the turnout last month and the energy you guys injected =) I am please to let you know that one of our attendees, Stacy, wrote an article about our meetup and I thought it would be great to share it with you here: https://www.facebook.com/ExpressInMusic/posts/129848463822992
Once again a big thank you for the support you given to the SG Music community! Last month we just broken past 500-members mark and this month we are hitting the 600th member very soon. Do invite more of your fellow musicians' friends for this network ya =)
For this month, we are welcoming Marcus Wong, as our guest artist for the month of July. Marcus is a Singer-Songwriter, in which his music draws heavily from the sounds of power pop and alternative rock. Catch his original songs in Soundcloud :)
Here's a link to his Soundcloud page - https://soundcloud.com/marcuswong
Solo Music FB page - http://www.facebook.com/marcusandtheironies
Once again to give you a guideline of what we are gonna be doing for the night:
- 7.00pm - 7.45pm Networking amongst musicians (make friends!)
- 7.46pm - 7.50pm Opening chat by me and intro of the Guest Artist for the month
- 7.51pm - 10.00pm and beyond is free play (we have drum-set, keyboard, guitar but you can also bring your own equipment)
Yes once again for our newcomers, this meetup is held FREE. All we ask is that you can support the venue sponsor by buying a drink or 2 while relaxing. The venue host would like to emphasize that no outside drinks and food are allowed.
The purpose of this meetup is for you guys to:
- Network and make friends with fellow musicians and music-lovers
- Find potential mates to jam or even form a band with!
- Talent scout for potential partnership in music (e.g. composing or playing music)
- Don't be shy, just play your music - expose to a large audience hearing and cheering you on!
- Simply to have fun and de-stress with music
Our meetup will start at 7pm at Actor’s The Jam Bar located here: 13A-15 A South Bridge Road Singapore[masked] - it is very near the ERP gantry at the prominent bridge along Singapore River nearer to Boat Quay.
Clarke Quay MRT is the nearest station, approximately less than 10-minutes of strolling distance. For your information, the map of the venue is right here
See ya soon!