The Society of Libertarian Entrepreneurs (Dallas) Message Board › Meetup "Minutes" for 3/28/2011 - A Recap of our Meetup

Meetup "Minutes" for 3/28/2011 - A Recap of our Meetup

Taylor
user 11003289
Newport Beach, CA
Post #: 3

• We had a great meetup today and I was pleased to welcome two new members to the group, Drew and Karim.
  • I introduced myself and explained the purpose and philosophy of SOLE to all members in attendance. I stressed ways in which we can build and gain value from our participation in the group. I encouraged everyone to consider ways in which they could contribute knowledge, expertise and ideas to the group. I invited each of the members present to introduce themselves to the other members of the group.
  • After introductions, we engaged in general conversation about current business projects, investment ideas and libertarian philosophy.
  • We made some suggestions about activities we could all participate in in the near future: attend other Meetup groups together which are related to our principles and interests; attend the upcoming showing of the Atlas Shrugged movie; work on promoting the group and using the Meetup page to promote links and things we're interested in
  • We briefly discussed strategies for spreading the ideas of liberty. We agreed it is not important or necessary to convert "everyone" but instead should focus on the 80/20 principle-- we can get 80% of our desired results by focusing on 20% of the people
  • We agreed that constant self-improvement and education on the concepts and principles of liberty and sound economics will be our greatest tools in succeeding on a personal level, as well as attracting more people to our ideas and way of life
  • We discussed other potential Meetup locations and had several "votes" for Half Priced Books' conference rooms, off the 75 at the Northwest Highway
  • Robert suggested he could post links and manage resource content on our Meetup page with organizer privileges (granted)
  • Drew is a graphic design expert and suggested he would be interested in contributing to the creative and marketing efforts of the group. He also said he was interested in supporting the group by acting as a sponsor of the Meetup page
  • Kevin suggested we attend more Libertarian Party meetups in an effort to provide outreach with our viewpoint to some of the participants there

All in all, it was a productive meeting and the groundwork is being laid for great things in the future! We're all excited to see each other again next month and look forward to keeping in touch through Meetup and email in between!