Let's get started!
First - apologies for starting this group & NOT calling a meet-up straight away. I had thought the meet-up tool to be a little more polite and maybe ask me before making this group go live, but it didn't... UX Fail.
Second - the reason I have not been able to start this is because I've been traveling, both 2 weeks for work (India), 2 weeks for fun (Boston), 1 week for work/fun (Sydney) where I attended some workshops and the conference for Web Directions South 2013! This was extremely Inspiring and I'd love to share leanings and resources with anyone who is interested!
Third - the meet up tool told me it I wouldn't get much interest until I held a meet-up, but I am glad to see it was WRONG ;) soo...Thank-you for the interest!
First Session Outline
I would like for this first session to be a sort of Kick-off, so I might run it as an interactive session where we can all:
1. Meet and Greet (first 15 mins with a drink and nibbles - I probably wont be allowed to provide drinks - but I will try my best)
2. My Needs Workshop - Brainstorming what we each want to get out of this group and consolidate, lets think about what our major pain points are and how this group might be able to help.
3. Future Session Planning - Getting some concrete follow up topics and some owners...
Any other ideas?? please send them through!
Again, thanks for the interest... but just in case you are losing interest, the following is a teaser, these are some topics I am thinking about:
• Designing for Emotion (an overview of one of the workshops I went to)
• How to sell UX to Clients
• What's your Persona (you, your methods, your tools)
• Journey Maps are IN!!!
• Case Studies (show and tell - lessons learnt)
• The best of the best (usability reviews for good and bad sites - BYO reviews)
etc... I could go on, but I want to find out what YOU want to get out of this group :)