addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Work of Byron Katie in Vancouver Message Board The Vancouver Byron Katie Meetup Group Discussion Forum › New Meetup: What's not to love -- The Work on Thoughts about the Body

New Meetup: What's not to love -- The Work on Thoughts about the Body

Surati
user 9402031
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Announcing a new Meetup for The Vancouver Byron Katie Meetup Group!

What: What's not to love -- The Work on Thoughts about the Body
When: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:30 PM

Price: CAD20.00 per person

Where: My home
3049 West 14th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5K 0A1
604-734-3085

Bodies don't think, care, or have any problem with themselves. They never beat themselves up or shame themselves. They simply try to keep themselves balanced and healthy. They're entirely efficient, intelligent, kind, and resourceful. Where there is no thought, there is no problem. It's the story we believe - prior to doing inquiry - that leaves us confused. I tell the story of my body, and because I haven't inquired, I believe that my body is the problem and that if only this or that changed, I'd be happy. But my suffering can't be my body's fault. ~Byron Katie~

We all have thoughts about the body, its looks and health, its age and gender, its changes and death. My body is too fat, to short, too old, my hair is to thin, straight, curly, I don’t like the colour, don’t have enough, I’m too wrinkled, unhealthy, unattractive, imperfect. How do you live when you believe that your health problems shouldn't be there? That you're not spiritual enough because you're sick? That your body should be different? How much of your life, your happiness have you given up to thoughts like this?

Join us to explore thoughts around the body from every direction, meet them with understanding, and take back your life. Discover who you would be without these thoughts.

Everyone is welcome, whether experienced or new to The Work.

Four classes: May 18, 25 and June 1 and 8, 7:30 to 9:30 pm

$20/per class - sliding scale available

Check it out!