Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:41 PM
In advance of our choosing the 2014 books at our Meet-Up next week, please e-mail (by the end of Thursday) me any additions to the current list below. Kindly include title, author, date, & #pages.
1) Five Billion Years of Solitude: The Search for Life Among the Stars by Lee Billings, 2013, 304 pp.
2) Empress Dowager Cixi: The Concubine Who Launched Modern China by Jung Chang, 2013, 464 pp.
3) Science Set Free: 10 Paths to New Discovery by Rupert Sheldrake, 2012, 400 pp.
4) Nation of Devils: Democratic Leadership and the Problem of Obedience by Stein Ringen, 2013, 264 pp.
5) Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus if Nazareth by Reza Aslan, 2013, 336 pp.
6) The Men Who United the States: America's Explorers, Inventors, Eccentrics and Mavericks, and the Creation of One Nation, Indivisible by Simon Winchester, 2013, 496 pp .
7) The Milky Way: An Insider's Guide by William H. Waller, 2013, 352 pp.
8) Who Discovered America?: The Untold History of the Peopling of the Americas by Gavin Menzies, 2013, 320 pp.
9) Dreams of Other Worlds: The Amazing Story of Unmanned Space Exploration by Chris Impey, 2013, 472 pp.
10) The Confidence Trap: A History of Democracy in Crisis from World War 1 to the Present by David Runciman, 2013, 408 pp.
11) The History of the Renaissance World: From the Rediscovery of Aristotle to the Conquest of Constantinople by Susan Wise Bauer, 2013, 816 pp.
12) Jefferson and Hamilton: The Rivalry that Forged a Nation by John E. Ferling, 2013, 464 pp.
13) The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America by George Packer, 2013, 448 pp.