The Women of Colour Group is a forum for STRONG-minded, BLACK (of descent or mixed) women to JOIN and BUILD ever lasting friendship & support the BLACK community. The group will explore different social events throughout the city and suburbs. The Meetups will be social in activity as well as exploring and discussion base.
The ladies who join this group are professional, students (18+), educators as well as mothers. We are open to having like minded women who are engaging and wish to have an active role in this group. Positive minded ladies are more specially needed to motive each other and strive for excellence in our communities.
We do not discriminate. If you are of another race ethnicity and wish to join our group, you're more then welcome!
Basic Rules and Conduct:
1. There is no membership fee at this time - however - VOLUNTARY donations to help cover group costs are ALWAYS accepted & much appreciated ;-).
2. A picture of yourself, needs to be posted in order to get accepted in the group.
3. You must be active. Meaning, that you will physically attend Meetups. Inactive members over 12 months will be removed.
4. Posting meet-ups can be a challenge but an awarding experience. We asked that you adhere to your commitment when registering for an event, we hate to see ladies RSVP "yes" and don't show up. With many occurrences in the past, we are force to take action and remove those who continually no show at events or constantly change their status hours or even minutes before an event begins. As a common courtesy and respect, please ensure you adhere to your commitments to the Meetups and the overall group. Remember, we want active ladies not stagnates!
5. You have read the liability disclaimer and agree. Why is this necessary?
A liability disclaimer is necessary for participants of any activity to acknowledge the risks that are likely to occur in the event of these activities. It releases the organizers, hosts and members of liability of damage or injuries caused to participants during their participation.
This disclaimer is found under the Page tab.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, February 8, 2014 6:30 PM
Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:00 PM
Friday, July 4, 2014 7:00 PM