add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Zurich Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Thanks for coming

Thanks for coming

user 8741304
Zürich, CH
Hello boys and girls,

thanks for the wonderful evening, it was really fantastic to share our work and exchange ideas. I'm sure we all stepped out of Janine's place with something new to work on in our photography.

Kathleen, a member of the group, offered her place for the next portfolio review, so I will schedule the next one around mid April.

Hey, it would be really cool if you can send me the pictures you brought yesterday (or the links to the pictures, if you have them hosted on Flickr) so I can post them on the event page. No worries if for any reason you prefer the pictures not to be published.

Looking forward to meet you again and if you are near the main station, feel free to call me anytime, I'm always up for a coffee or beer.

A former member
Post #: 1
Thank you. I had a great time viewing all the wonderful work.

Nice, FR
Post #: 8
Hi All,

Thanks to all who showed up and for bringing refreshments. I enjoyed viewing the work and talking about it.
re- posting images, I don't think I have smaller prints and mine are too big for my scanner!

I really like the idea set forth by Luciano along the lines of having small workgroups with a common theme. I think it should be organized longer term for those of us who have to go into a lab to un-latent our images! Perhaps each small cell (3-6 people') could work on a topic, maybe just a one-word theme to allow for optimum range of ideas, and the themes of the small groups could fit under a general umbrella theme, e.g. "city" or "people" was weiss ich...
Perhaps this could lead to an exhibition.

I was at gz-riesbach today and they offer a one-day course on b/w film development on 06. April 10- 16h /CHF 100.--, taught by marc rinke,, 078 797 5778

They also have a darkroom that people can rent. info:

An idea for an evening meeting might be that each bring a book of a photographer whose work they like.
And another: strictly technical. (I just have a point and shoot digital camera, but even there I could use some instruction!)

until we meet again,