The Greater Brunswick Area Women's Social Club Message Board › Pleasse vote on where to have the Club Holiday Party by Nov. 27th!

Pleasse vote on where to have the Club Holiday Party by Nov. 27th!

A former member
Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing great, staying warm and looking forward to the Holidays! Our Club Holiday Party is slated for Friday, Dec. 3rd - that's only about 12 days away! I think we have enough info. to take a vote to decide where we'll Meetup to celebrate.

The membership dues paid since the club was founded in February has been used since then to pay Meetup $19 each month. The the remaining money will go towards the Club Holiday Party. After the Holiday Party bill is paid, any amount still owed to the restaurant will then be covered by each attendee, each paying an equal amount.

Please consider the options and cast your vote (see the voting post on the club main page) for the following places for our Club Holiday Party. They can all be Googled for more info.:

- Downeast Motel/Yarmouth
- Sea Dog Brewery/Brunswick
- Pedro O' Haras/Brunswick
- Siano's/Freeport

About the Downeast:
Karen wrote: I was at Downeast Today and asked about using their room for our party. December 3rd, Friday IS available. The room is $50 to use. Then you can either choose a few meals to have members pick from(range from $18-25ish). The meal would include a salad, rolls, coffee/tea/soda and dessert choice. OR there is also an appetizer type menu that you can purchase from.....I have both of the menus. The restaurant has a full bar or you can order bottles of wine to bring in the room and serve as well. I talked to the owner, she was VERY nice. , there were a lot of choices and they ranged in price from like $15-$50 and had an average of 24 pieces per plate.

The Downeast tends to be a bit of an older folks dining place, HOWEVER I have never had a bad meal there and like I said, the montessori school I used to work for had their party there every year and it was great. The room is cute, a great size and nicely decorated for the holidays. There is a fireplace they use and a Christmas tree. The tables were always set up in a big square when we had our party so everyone could see each other. I told her I thought there could be 15-30 people. Room holds up to 50.

She has my name and number as a contact so I need to get back in touch w/her to let her know if we want the room. She has it temporarily held. I wanted to check in w/you first and see if you wanted to offer it as a choice, take a vote? We need to get right on it because Dec. 3rd is 2 weeks from yesterday!

Exchanging of Gifts: Those who would like to can RSVP so in their box. I imagine it would be a secret Santa thing after that? I'm happy to help coordinate on the site for those participating.

I thank you in advance ladies, and will email you all with the results by November 27th

Stay Warm,
Marsha
[url=http://www.meetup.com/TheGreaterB­runswickAreaWomensSocialClub/calendar/14­849951/][color]
Cindy J.
cindylou262
Group Organizer
Waterville, ME
Post #: 1
I do not have strong feelings one way or the other so will yield to the rest. I am in favor of a gift exchange.

Cindy
A former member
Post #: 4
I think I was expecting a poll to be taken for the xmas ideas. But, if we're doing it by responding to this message then I will post here. I like the idea of Pedro's or the Downeast although I think the Downeast sounds a little pricey.

I would rather see us give a group donation to a charity than do a gift exchange. As of right now I know I have 6 holiday parties to attend and no matter how you try to slice it, that's a lot of gift exchanges.

Let me know what the results are and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Lynne