April 27, 2013 · 12:00 PM
So what does it REALLY take to make a good photograph? A photo that makes you feel proud!
So, lets say that you understand how to work your camera. What else do you need?
- Well you need to know some very important and easy to understand rules. Rules of Composition.
- And you need to know what to look for! You need to develop whats know as the photographers eye.
- But you also need to be in the right frame of mind. You need to feel motivated, inspired, present and relaxed, right? Or you're never going to put the camera to your eye in the first place!
This is one of my favourite subjects - motivation. Why we don't shoot more often?! We all love photography but we don't shoot nearly as often as we'd like! I hear it all the time! And I understand it totally.
So, expect a mixture of:
- And expect TIPS and TRICKS on how you can get into the right frame of mind so you want to take more photos. Ways to feel present and relaxed in the environment so you feel inspired to shoot it.
- How to develop the photographers eye and how to bring impact and balance to your photographs.
- Rules that you can start applying immediately - RULES OF COMPOSITION such as, leading lines, perspective, fill the frame, rule of thirds etc and how to apply them.
As always this is an active workshop. And what i mean by that is: I give a full explanation complete with visual examples on an iPad, then a demonstration and then we all put it into practice by taking photos. We only move on once everyone has mastered each topic.
I like to say that learning photography is like learning to surf - you don't get good at it by reading and talking about it - you get good by doing it.
All the workshops are very friendly with a great atmosphere.
See what other people said about the previous sessions: timcollins.nl/workshops/experience
We will have 2 breaks - 1 for coffee and another for a quick meal and everything will take place in central Amsterdam. We will be meeting at Amsterdam Spui Square, at 12 midday.
And my names Tim Collins.
You can visit my web page at timcollins.nl
If you have a questions you can email me on [masked] or contact me via facebook or this meetup page.
You can also check out my facebook page to see what's going on today facebook.com/AmsterdamPhotoSafari
See you soon