FREE Service ** Supporting Entrepreneurs & Startups @ GTA Since 2010 ** Welcome to
The Largest & Most Active Entrepreneurs Community in Canada
(among the largest & best in the world)
We are entrepreneurs, professionals and investors with a variety of expertise and resources in the extended Greater Toronto Area (GTA). We organize free events for members with a passion for entrepreneurship, technologies, business, and social innovation. Among us are also business owners, developers, innovators, service providers, recruiters, marketers, researchers, networkers, and graduate students.
The dreamers and the entrepreneurs, not government, built this economy, and they can once again make it strong. ~ Mitt Romney
The Entrepreneurs, Professionals & Investors Network (EPI-Net) 18,000+ members worldwide
Business & Social Network (1,000+ members @ Toronto)
Global Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs (1,000+ members @ Toronto)
Social Media & Mobile Apps (1,000+ members @ Toronto + Mobile Apps circles worldwide)
EPI-Net Circles: Investors & Mentors (1,000+ members) | Business Owners | Marketing & Branding (1,000+ members) | Career/Business Builders | Ontario Academics | Ontario Startup Community
Other initiatives: Green (Energy, Sustainability & Eco), Internet (IoT, Security/Privacy), BioTech (Medical/Health/Beauty, Bioinformatics)...
* For other EPI-Net groups as well as complete titles for the groups above, see the bottom section of this "About us" page.
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. ~John Lennon
Affiliation: Dream Builders International Group (Dream BIG) Dare to Dream BIG
* Dream BIG is currently among the BIGGEST Communities in the WORLD (across all categories).
*** Build Up Your Social Capital for Success ***
Modern day startup do not necessarily need a lot of money. Rather, the key ingredients are the energy and talents of like-minded people as well as know-how and enabling resources. This group is for those of us dreamers with big ideas, who have actually been doing something to build up dreams, and ready for others (investors, mentors, or co-founders) to help make our dreams come true.
This group is about a combination of talented people, young or seasoned, with the ability to build the next big thing on the Internet or mobile world, and change the world for better. The group will have technical, marketing, and content contributors, focused on a few topics at a time, with specific goals in mind.
Big dreams need not be restricted to Silicon Valley. With the talents and diversity of Torontonians, let's prove that we can build startups, and make something big that benefits the world.
A cool group of talents with lots of ambitions
Who do we have amongst us?
- Entrepreneurs & Innovators
- Engineers & Programmers
- Marketers & Financial Analysts
- Social Media Experts & Web Designers
- Investors & Mentors
- Tech Enthusiasts & Frontiers
- Legal & Business Professionals
- Researchers & Graduate Students
* Please join and be affiliated with at least one of the above expertise and/or EPI-Net Circles. We will soon be having frequent meetings on specialized topics of the respective groups besides major networking events/seminars across all EPI-Net groups.
Together, We Can Achieve Something Great--Individually & Collectively
Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Univ. of California
International social entrepreneur
Organizer for Toronto Entrepreneurs, Toronto Friends, EPI-Net & else, including various service communities
E-mail: chris.meetup at hotmail.com
Life: Healthy, Successful, Fulfilling & Enjoyable
Achievement: Change the World for the Better While Making a Fortune
Identifying or recognizing a social problem and using entrepreneurial principles to organize, create, and manage a social venture to achieve a desired social change.
Business entrepreneurs typically measure performance in profit and return, but social entrepreneurs also take into account a positive return to society.
Global collaboration for a better world:
Social entrepreneurship practiced in a world or international context is called international social entrepreneurship.
(Modified from Wikipedia)
The Entrepreneurs, Professionals & Investors Network (EPI-Net)
EPI-Net @ Toronto: Toronto Entrepreneurs (FLAGSHIP GROUP) 4,500+ members & growing fast!
EPI-Net @ Waterloo
EPI-Net @ Ottawa
EPI-Net @ Montreal
EPI-Net @ Vancouver
EPI-Net @ Silicon Valley, USA
EPI-Net @ Bay Area
EPI-Net @ San Francisco
EPI-Net @ New York
EPI-Net @ London, Europe
* more cities to come in the USA & Europe
EPI-Net @ Hong Kong
EPI-Net @ Beijing
EPI-Net @ Shanghai, China
EPI-Net @ India
EPI-Net @ Korea
EPI-Net @ Taiwan
EPI-Net @ Tokyo
EPI-Net @ Singapore, Asia (2,800 members)
EPI-Net @ Africa, where innovative entrepreneurs or their solutions are very much needed!
Toronto Investors & Mentors Network (1,000+ members)
Toronto Business Owners (800 members)
Toronto New Tech: 3D Printing, Wearable, Mobile, IoT & Robotics (700 members)
Social Media & Mobile Apps (1,000+ members)
The Toronto Marketing Meetup Group (1,000+ members)
Lean Startup Toronto (650+ members)
Toronto Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs (1,100+ members)
Ontario University, College & Graduate Students Meet Up (750 members)
Toronto Professionals (1,250+ members)
Toronto Business Network (1,000+ members)
Career, Business & Dream Builders (900+ members)
Toronto Artists & Art Lovers (800+ members)
Canadian Fashion Lovers & Professional (800 members)
Toronto Sport & Leisure Meetup Groups (800 members)
The Toronto Health & Wellness Meetup Group (1,000+ members)
20 and 30 somethings in Toronto (2,700 members)
DISCOVER TORONTO: The Adventures & Travel Meetup Group (2,000 adventurers)
I want to do that, just not alone! (1,850 members)
* Sometimes I feel that entrepreneurs and successful startup co-founders are like an architect that has a vision ahead of their time, assembles the right resources and people at a right timing, and take persistent actions or creative solutions to make things happen--building what's in our imaginations or wildest dreams that otherwise wouldn't have existed in our age. C.
Sharing of a nice TED talk by Kare Anderson (filmed September 2014 at TED@IBM):
BE AN OPPORTUNITY MAKER
Unlike an increasing number of Americans who are working and living and playing with people who think exactly like them because we then become more rigid and extreme, opportunity-makers are actively seeking situations with people unlike them, and they're building relationships, and because they do that, they have trusted relationships where they can bring the right team in and recruit them to solve a problem better and faster and seize more opportunities. They're not affronted by differences, they're fascinated by them, and that is a huge shift in mindset, and once you feel it, you want it to happen a lot more. This world is calling out for us...
... When you connect with people around a shared interest and action, you're accustomed to serendipitous things happening into the future, and I think that's what we're looking at. We open ourselves up to those opportunities, and in this room are key players and technology, key players who are uniquely positioned to do this, to scale systems and projects together.
... Remember the three traits of opportunity-makers. Opportunity-makers keep honing their top strength and they become pattern seekers. They get involved in different worlds than their worlds so they're trusted and they can see those patterns, and they communicate to connect around sweet spots of shared interest.
* Think Big, Build Bridges, Facilitate, Remove Obstacles, and Make It Happen! C.
Messaging (via Meetup): Chris Meetup (Plz message Chris instead of main Organizer's account--long delay there otherwise.)
E-mail & LINE: chris.meetup at hotmail.com
* Text is the best way to reach me when timely response is required.
-- Message/E-mail/LINE me if you need my mobile number, but let me know the reason. Thx!
* Spamming to the group is not welcome nor tolerated (especially spams for commercial purpose on an event wall by people who don't actually attend that event). Anyone violating this rule may be removed and/or banned from this and other EPI-Net groups with or without further warnings.
* This group is aiming at hi-tech startups, Internet/traditional business owners, professional practitioners & service providers, etc., rather than MLM recruiters. I respect people in MLM as in other business sectors, but such activities are not encouraged in our events or web sites, and please refrain from messaging other members for such 'opportunities'--this is just a wrong venue for that purpose. (Another example for inappropriate/unwelcome behaviors: Previously a PUA/seduction coach pitched his service to this and quite a few other groups of mine--and you can guess that I would ask him to leave or get rid of people in that category in no time, right? I cannot provide a comprehensive list or policy here at this moment, so I'd like to ask members and visitors to exercise their common sense, and in case there are issues you are not certain with, you are advised to message me and inquire about it.)