Toronto Writers Group Message Board › Who is your favorite character in all your works and why?

Who is your favorite character in all your works and why?

Pilar J. S.
lovesexjournal
Toronto, ON
Post #: 6
Who is your favorite character in all your works and why?

Pirius Harris

In I Banged A Zombie, Pirius Harris is locked the fuck up. By choice or force he cannot decide. In the early years of the Zombie apocalypse, the medical profession has high hopes and big plans to combine the willingess of Harris to comply with government regulation and his desire for freedom from enslavement. Little does Pirius know, escaping the restraints of one world would lead him right into the shackles of another. Did we mention his rotting and decayed bride, known only on the psychward as “Her”?
Janet W.
user 24904562
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
*Laughs* Sounds like fun.

Grey

A grunt soldier in an army that's been stationed for over 180 years to hold back a tide of evil from a cursed land. An alcoholic malcontent with a mysterious past, the ability to navigate in a land where your senses can't be trusted, and a knack for gambling. He falls into the middle of a political mess, everyone higher up in the hierarchy tries to use him as a pawn in their little game, he develops a strange relationship with a gambling elf, and he spends 300 of the 360 pages with a nasty hang over.
James P.
user 30336972
Toronto, ON
Hastings

Walking, talking sandwiches usually don't swear, then again they don't usually talk either. Hastings is surly and potty mouthed, and he's pissed off at his mistress. So...he fucks with her shit. He is supposed to be doing his job, watching over the town below, that's what surveillance sandwiches do after all. But instead, he takes the gibbon's ketamine who then proceeds to fuck with her shit.

By the way, the above entries are great! 'I banged a Zombie' is a fantastic title.

Janet, you had me at alcoholic malcontent.
Phyl
PhylG
Toronto, ON
Jon Stewart

And no -- not that Jon Stewart. This one is the twin of my main character, Peter. They live in North America about 200 years from now, in a society that's on a similar technological level to ours, since it's been recovering from worldwide religious wars that set things back considerably. The biggest difference between now and then is that the government now regulates religions, not allowing them to be practised at home, and only allowing their ideas to be taught at school, under supervision (and no religion can teach hateful doctrines). At age 18, citizens declare their religious preference officially and have it registered (with atheism as one choice), and only then can they practise -- in a government-approved church, synagogue, temple, etc, but never at home.

Jon faked his suicide so he could join the "religious underground" that's trying to return freedom of choice to the world. He's idealistic and funny, but to the surprise of his fellow plotters, he can turn deadly serious and even dangerous if there's any sort of threat to his family. It was, in fact, to protect them from government notice that he "committed suicide." He just didn't realize what the consequences his "suicide" would have in the life of his twin.
chris b.
user 10084014
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
APRICOT. she is wild and funny and graced wtih enough tragedy in her name alone. her mother is dangerous and insistant that Apricot marry into money even though she is quite clearly in love with her best friend Faith. Part of a foursome of young women who are the family that they never had Apricot serves as the whimsy and refreshment to a dour set of circumstances. willing to forgive and forget, if only her mother would allow it. Astrid refuses to get out of her daughters life. Apricot is a bit of a hippy, a bit of a space case and a lot of a good time. i just go back and read her when i feel like i cant create anything. the story she fell out of is a mess of plotlessness. i have many short stories with the main characters but no long cohesive story. but still short stories are fun too.