A breakdown of the authorization and authentication tactics used with Hadoop. This is a big topic but I think it is important to cover the lay of the land with so much happening in this space. It may not be as exciting as a in-memory iterative SGD or Deep Learning, but it is a practical consideration when implementing Hadoop.
This presentation will involve:
1. Authentication & Authorization
2. Strong Authentication: To Kerborize or Not to Kerborize...
3. Authorization services in HDFS, YARN, HBase, and Hive
4. Security in Architecture: Network, Cluster, Edges & Gateways
5. Frequently used 3rd party tools and projects
6. Future of Hadoop Security, Emerging projects/products, and opportunities for contribution
6. Practical Q&A
*Disclaimer - We will do our best to be vendor neutral and describe the approaches each company takes. However, we will focus on the most commonly implemented security approaches.