align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Trails Tails & Ales: Run & Walk Events for Dogs & People Message Board › FYI: Maryland wildlife rescue recommendation

FYI: Maryland wildlife rescue recommendation

Summer
smmerjane
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 8
If you ever come across the abandoned and/or injured wildlife (e.g., an abandoned baby squirrel in our front yard) and determine that it needs to be taken to a rescue, it can be hard to locate a wildlife rescue that will take the critter. Often, no one picks up the phone or the rescue is not taking new animals at this time. I had great luck with Second Chance Wildlife Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland. They answered my call and were able to take the animal right away. I just had to get it to the center. They also gave me great info about how to care for the animal overnight. (I couldn't drive down until the following day.) They would be great to call if you do come across a critter, before you do anything--touch them, move them, etc. They will give you good instructions on what to do and not do. Also, they do not require any kind of payment, though donations are always welcome, of course. Check them out at: http://www.scwc.org/...­
elizabeth
user 176993742
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 2
There is also Frisky's: http://www.friskys.or...­ They are one of the few places that accepts primates.

No payment required. They accept animals between 8 am and 8 pm only.

They are no longer accepting raccoons because raccoons seem to carrying something that is making humans sick. Call 911 instead to put an injured/rabid raccoon out of its misery.