This meetup is going to be a bit different from our usual format. This field trip to the largest gun show in our region is designed to offer inexperienced people a guided immersion into the vast and complex modern culture of the gun.
If you want to make a purchase of a firearm, ammo or SURVIVAL related materials, this event will offer the most competitive prices to be found and we will have seasoned S&T members on hand to offer assistance to you. That said, most should consider this as an educational outing.
Here is a link to the site itself:
There are a few things that you need to know and prepare for if you wish to join us on this trip.
1. There is a $12 admission fee. Kids under 12yrs are admitted free of charge. We encourage bringing kids THAT ARE RELATIVELY WELL BEHAVED. S&T is a family centric meetup and there will be other well behaved kids in attendance to keep them in good cheer and good company. Kids must stay with their parent or guardian at all times.
2. BYO Food and Drink - There is over priced/ poor quality food and drink for sale at the show but you will do better to pack your own. Consider a backpack instead of a purse for the day, leave room for purchased items. We will stop midway for a lunch break.
3. We will be there for hours. 2000 tables with vendors from all over the USA. There are benches for folks to take a time out whenever they wish to but you should be prepared to walk at a relaxed pace for hours. Wear comfortable shoes.
4. There is an ATM onsite but is usually runs out of cash in the first couple of hours. 2/3 rds of the vendors accept debit/credit cards, but you should consider having a reasonable amount of cash on hand before arriving at the meetup if you plan to make a purchase.
5. CARPOOLING and MEETUP INFO: Read carefully
We will be meeting at the SEPTA Norristown High Speed Line's ( purple line) Bridgeport Station in Montgomery County at 10 am. This will enable folks to take the train in from NJ's PATCO ( red line) or the Broad st Subway ( orange line ) and connect to the Market- Frankford El ( blue line ) and GET A TRANSFER AT YOUR POINT OF ENTRY for the NHSL ( purple line ) at 69th st. This will be relatively quick and inexpensive, thus empowering more members to participate. If you want to drive that's fine too, just meet us at the parking lot at the base of the train station ( 600 Merion st Bridgeport Pa 19405). We will then carpool for about 15 minutes to the gun show and enter as a group.
In addition to the map provided here we are also including a link to SETPA's website for transit schedules. $2.00 or a token + $1.00 for the transfer = $3.00 and no hassle driving. : )
Whether you are anticipating social chaos from a Grid collapse or you are paying attention to the rise of violent crime and do not wish to be just another statistic, there is no better way to influence these odds than a firearm that fits your lifestyle.Education is key here. Remember your ancestors. They all had to fight for your right to be here now. Many of them used firearms to do so.
Any questions, contact Fernando via email or phone.