I am on vacation in July, so I have scheduled this meetup for early August.
Member Cindy Coan will make a presentation about translators who have decided to live and work abroad. She has asked expat translators the following survey questions:
1. Reason for move?
2. Housing and living arrangements?
3. Citizenship and residency status?
4. Social and other connections?
5. What impact has move had on:a. Language skills b. Business since relocation
6. Greatest challenges associated with move and steps taken to overcome them?
We will be interested to hear the results of the survey. Others with significant experience working abroad are encouraged to attend and paticipate.