|Sent on:||Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:23 PM|
Lots to cover in this email!
- First off, I've created two new polls that can be found on our Meetup's poll page here. One of them is about these News and Events emails that you have been receiving vs. individual Event emails. The other is about guided trips to HCR in Arkansas. Please help me out by voting on the polls or emailing me with your feedback.
- Big news!!! I am proud to announce that we have created a second Meetup group for our friends to the North. That's right, there is now a Duluth Area Rock Climbing Meetup. Former TCRC Meetup member, Chad Miller, has graciously signed on to be the local Assistant Organizer. We have absolutely nothing on the calendar yet, but start joining the group if you are in that area or spread the word to friends that are. This group will be looking to form regular times to visit VE-Duluth, UMD's climbing wall, and host outdoor Meetups for rock and ice climbing. Find the DARC Meetup page here.
- Climb4Kids is finally here! I'm looking forward to seeing the turnout from Meetup and the rest of the climbing community this Sunday. I met Andrew last week and he is estimating over 300 climbers at this inaugural event! Event page here.
- The last Intro to the Co-op was a big success! I have another one scheduled for Feb. 14 from 7-9pm. Visit the event page here for details and to read about the Buy One Get One Free offer for Meetup climbers from the MNCC!
- Facebook! After some time in the Meetup group, you'll find that you start to form your own climbing circle. Maybe it only consists of other Meetup climbers, or, maybe you meet people at the gym or crag that you come to rely on for belays and adventures. I've been with the group for over 3 years and I see people come and go. Often times, established Meetup climbers turn to Facebook for planning events and trips and the tools provided here on Meetup go underused. I started a FB climbing page a little over a month ago and have been testing it out and seeing if it is something that I would continue to do. I would now like to invite you to visit JustClimbMN on Facebook and use it as an additional resource for connecting with other climbers in the state, whether they are Meetup members or not. If you get serious about climbing, you will find there is a vast community in Minnesota to support your habit no matter what form it takes; bouldering, trad, sport, top rope, ice, and big mountain climbers, we've got them all! Visit JustClimbMN here.
- Upcoming events (not yet fully on our calendar):
2/18/12 Passion for Flashin'; VE St Paul competition. Event page here.
2/26/12 VE One Hour Membership Sale; Minneapolis and St Paul VE. Info here.
4/14/12 Best of the Midwest; MCA fundraising boulder competition at MNCC. Facebook event page here.
7/27/12 Chicks Rock Devil's Lake; Chicks with Picks 2012 Women's Climbing Clinic. CWP website here.
??? First TCRC Meetup Social of 2012. No details yet, but planning will start soon!
As always, feedback is welcome at [address removed].