Twin Cities Rock Climbing Meetup Group Message Board Miscellaneous › What are you waiting for...?

What are you waiting for...?

A former member
Hi Everyone!
My name is Sydney and I am the new Assistant Organizer of the Rock Climbing Meetup. I just looked through the LOOOOONG list of members of this group - 246 members and growing - and one thing struck me as odd. So many of the members wrote that they were eager to meet new people to climb with and yet we never see them at meetups.
Almost 15 of us are heading down to Luverne, MN this weekend to climb at Blue Mound State Park. The trip is sponsored by MCA but all climbers are welcome. Next weekend, Saturday 13Jun, we are having a meetup at Taylor's Falls. A full day of climbing with fun to be had by all. Now some of you may only go to VE and are happy with that but I have a suspicion that many of you are hesitating to climb on REAL rock because you're afraid you don't know what to do, or you're afraid you don't know anyone, or you don't remember the knots, or you don't have a ride, or ... the list goes on and on. Come on, just do it. Show up a week from Saturday and let's have fun! If you need a ride, note that on the message board and we will work that out. If you don't have a rope, come anyway, we will have plenty of anchors set up. You will have plenty of folks willing to help brush up your belaying skills.
This group can only be as successful as it's members allow it to be, That's YOU. Come join us and have some FUN.
Sydney