US Patriots Message Board › The IRS’s “Dirty Little Secret” – The Earned Income Tax Credit and Illegal A

The IRS’s “Dirty Little Secret” – The Earned Income Tax Credit and Illegal Aliens

A former member
Post #: 72
REPORT FROM THE TREASURY INSPECTOR GENERAL FOR TAX ADMINISTRATION

on behalf of Rita Bonilla

As we all know, everyone who is employed in the United States is required to have a Social Security Number (SSN). An SSN is a unique, nine-digit identification number used for taxpayer identification, income reporting, and record-keeping purposes.

But how many of you know about the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)? Surprisingly, to me anyway, many people have not heard about the ITIN. Most Americans don’t even know that many illegal aliens file income tax returns using an ITIN issued to them by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and this is how illegal aliens access the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

Illegal aliens working in this country illegally can apply for an ITIN card through the IRS; the IRS then sends them the ITIN card. Illegal aliens do not have to disclose that they are illegal aliens working illegally in this country when they apply for their ITIN card and the IRS does not check their immigration status.

According to the IRS, many individuals who are not eligible to obtain an SSN earn income in the U.S. This supposedly presents a problem for tax administration because the Internal Revenue Code requires foreign investors and individuals working without authorization in the U.S. to file tax returns and pay any Federal income taxes owed. As explained by a former IRS Commissioner, “the IRS’s job is to make sure that everyone who earns income within our borders pays the proper amount of taxes, even if they may not be working here legally.” Does this even make any sense? Don’t know about you, but to me so much of what our Federal government does no longer makes sense to me. Is it just me, or does it seem to you that the whole government is out of control; it’s complete insanity. And in this case it does appear that once again the illegals are outsmarting the Federal government. They don’t pay any income taxes, but they do get a nice big check for simply filing an income tax return.

“Since the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) became part of the income tax code in 1975, it has quietly become the largest cash transfer program in the United States… More than one in four immigrant households received the EITC in 2000; nearly twice the 13.2 percent rate of households headed by native Americans. And because immigrant households are larger (primarily because of higher birth rates), their EITC payments are larger than those received by native households.” (“The Social Contract,” Vol. XIX, No. 3, Spring 2009 -www.thesocialcontract.com)

Few, if any, Americans realize that the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is one of the many “magnets” that draw more and more illegal aliens into this country every year. Along with their ability to gain employment, access subsidized housing, food stamps, free education for their many children and free healthcare the “cherry on the sundae” is the Earned Income Tax Credit. All this because our Federal Government refuses to enforce our immigration laws.

When illegal aliens file their income tax returns, they simply write down their ITIN instead of an SSN and submit that with their 1040 Form. If they have children, and even if they don’t – nobody is checking anyway – they simply check off the box for child care credit for as many kids as they have or claim to have.

So, if they have lots of kids and not a lot of income they’re not going to have to pay any income tax, BUT THEY WILL RECEIVE A TAX REFUND OF $1,000 PER CHILD. Here I will add that many illegal aliens are paid “under the table” with cash and don’t report that income when filing. The majority of illegal aliens who file do not pay any income tax, but file only to claim their Additional Child Tax Credit. Thus, more than $4 billion was paid out to illegal aliens last year by the IRS literally with no questions asked.

Because of the fact that citizenship does not have to be proven to get the ITIN card, the IRS does not KNOW and apparently DOES NOT CARE that these billions of dollars are going to illegal aliens.

In a report released by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, dated July 7, 2011, titled “Recovery Act – Individuals Who Are Not Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credits” reveals that, “Claims for the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), a refundable tax credit intended for working families, by ITIN filers have increased from $924 million in Processing Year 2005 (the calendar year in which the tax return was processed) to $4.2 billion in Processing Year 2010…”

The report also candidly acknowledges that the IRS’s continual pay out of ACTC tax benefits only encourages more illegal immigration. “The payment of Federal funds through this tax benefit appears to provide an additional incentive for aliens to enter, reside, and work in the United States without authorization, which contradicts Federal law and policy to remove such incentives.” (FAIR Legislative Update – September 6, 2011 – IRS Paid Illegal Aliens $4.2 Billion in Refundable Tax Credits in 2010 – www.fairus.org)

If you think about it, this is better than the lottery. Seriously, even though you are an illegal alien who is not supposed to be in this country and are not allowed to work in this country, you can file an income tax return with the U.S. Federal Internal Revenue Service and get money in return from American taxpayers.

Here in Las Vegas, NV, all you have to do is take a drive down Eastern Blvd. (south of Charleston Blvd.) and take a look at all the Spanish-language tax preparation businesses enticing illegal aliens to use ITIN numbers and have their taxes prepared. Some have signs offering ITINs for a mere $10!

There are trucks with large billboard-type signs stating: “ Reclame hasta $1,000 por cada nino” (Claim up to $1,000 for each child). “Taxes desde $35” (Taxes from $35 [prepared from as low as]). “Te damos mas porque sabemos mas” (We give you more [get you a bigger tax return] because we know more). “Estimados gratis” (Free estimates [cost of tax preparation]). “Reembolsos mas grandes!” (Bigger tax returns!). “Reclame hasta $8,000 por la compra de su primera casa” (Claim up to $8,000 for the purchase of your first home).
There is even one building (painted purple) that has a permanent sign that apparently lights up at night which reads: $TAXES$; E-FILE; ITIN #’S; P.O. BOXES; SECONDARY ID. Another building has six large American flags flying from its rooftop as they all compete for the illegal alien tax preparation business.

It’s FREE MONEY courtesy of the American taxpayer. It is blatant and there is obviously no shame.

Our country is BROKE! Yet Washington and our elected officials continue to turn a blind eye to the massive problem of illegal aliens and illegal immigration robbing this country and its citizens every day right under our Federal Government’s nose. Outrageous!

Comments or questions are welcomed. You may contact Rita Bonilla by email at RBonilla@LasVegasTribune.com or LVPatriotLady@cox.net
A former member
Post #: 120
Below is an actual letter from a constituent in Oregon to his Senator. The letter speaks for itself.
Ron

The Honorable Mr. Wyden
731 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510

Dear Senator Wyden,

As a native Oregonian and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My primary reason for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for only three of the last five years. I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

Additionally, as an illegal alien I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as 'in-state' tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.

Last I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me, given that I still have college age children driving my car.

If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you for your assistance

Your Loyal Constituent, (hoping to reach 'illegal alien' status rather than just a bonafide citizen of the USA)

Dale B Rilyeu

Lebanon, Oregon
A former member
Post #: 133

Please review the attached video that not only ties into the political illegal alien invasion and eventual self-destruction of the USA by far too many Congress person's toward becoming a nation without a middle class and full of 20 to 30 million illegals. Many, who have no respect for We The Peoples culture, language and values but as well into the pathetic political income tax situation now rearing its ugly partisan head on a national basis. It all ties together into the massive deception's foisted on an unknowing group of We The People during the past two election cycles. The Elected are expected to look out for the best interests of voters, support the Constitution and America for those who are not as well informed.

The buzz on the streets throughout the United States is outrage plus anger and I will hazard an educated guess that if the Republicans do not muster the backbone to stop this political thrust toward "comprehensive immigration - - national suicide" there will not be enough Republican votes in the next General Election to elect a President for a street sweeper union.

Get to know the facts Congress, both House and Senate, for FACT'S are what too many Americans do not understand and particularly REPUBLICAN self-serving political elites who fail to comprehend is that the Latino vote amounts to roughly 7% of the total amount of US registered voters. Had Romney received the same percentage of Latino votes as Obama (71%) he Romney still would not have won the election. Had Romney received 100% of the Latino vote's cast he wound not have won the election! WHY NOT? - - - BECAUSE far too many disgusted, angry Republicans and Independents stayed home and did not vote! (for weak politicians who would not stand up and fight for KEY ISSUES- [Immigration]- that voters know is right for America) That's the very same reason Dole and especially McCain and now Romney who lost the grave and devastatingly costly 2012 election, for the Constitution, for the Republic and for We The People, - - - all those presidential elections.

The moral of this fact is, - - Republican Legislators get away from your misguided and ill thought out attempts to give away We The Peoples culture, hard earned money, safety, children's future and eventually the Constitution and the Republic by trying to convince other Republican legislators to allow illegal aliens to continue remaining in the United States till GIVEN amnesty. If you do happen to bring forth this traitorous maneuver, that even many democrat voters do not want, you will have relegated the United States of America to Democrat rule forever because the Latinos will not now vote for those who won't foolishly give away their earnings and country to illegal alien invaders who are already colonizing far too many towns, cities, counties and states. Some, a few good people, but they entered the USA illegally and their allegiance and language is to a country of birth.
( why else would they violently rally in the streets with Mexican flags to take the south western states back for Mexico?). Please help the less informed "elected" get to know the Facts outside of the Washington DC beltway if not for their own good but then for their own children and grand children.

America is for Americans plus those immigrants who cross US borders legally and honor Americas immigration laws then totally assimilate into Americas culture and speak English.

Enough is enough and the time is now here for Americans to elect politicians who will exercise honest selfless leadership who will insure that all laws are faithfully executed. Legislators who will exercise Constitutional oversight and power to insure that all laws are properly executed. For the well being of all American citizens.

It may be time for a New Party who will abide by the Constitution through honest, selfless America First leadership in all three Branches of Federal Government.

(It's the economy, jobs for Americans and removing the illegal alien invasion by self deportation that requires immediate fixing
Congress). That means no illegal aliens in the work force and consequences for those who hire illegals plus for those who dispense taxpayer money in support of illegal alien adults and their families born in the US. Also know any person born in the US of illegal alien parents are not citizens even though they may have a State or County birth certificate. The Constitution trumps assumptions and opinions. Families may be kept together by returning to home of official record and jurisdiction. There is a proper and lawful method to come live in the United States of America Mr. Rubio
and Mr. Schumer as exampled by my wife who emigrated from Brazil and is now a longtime American citizen whose son is a Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy.

Selfless tough America First Leadership in Congress now and in the near term is the only logical method at hand for We The People, who care, to insure that the Constitution and Republic will be preserved for our children and grandchildren and future generations.

I ask that each of you so addressed to contact your House member to show this writing and video to Speaker Boehner.
If the Republicans do not stop America from being torn apart in the House of the US Congress rest assured your children
and grand children will pay the devastating price of Americas demise by the elected.

Most sincerely,

Charles Jones, B/Gen., USAF (RET)
3rd Congressional District, NV.