User Experience Professionals Association of Los Angeles Message Board › Seeking Experienced Mobile App Designer/Developer. Part-time . Music.
|A former member||
Hi User Professionals,
We would greatly appreciate your sharing the following job description with your colleagues.
Maybe we'll meet at DigitalLA Monday night 10/25 :-)
Job Description. Please reply to: innatewave at hotmail dot com.
x x x x x x x x x x x
We're looking for the right person to join our small project team. Your contributions will be essential to the success of the project.
Our mobile music application is designed for the passionate music aficionado, the kind of person who gladly spends hours browsing through the music store bins. Why?
* For the inherent joy of discovery
* To learn more about their favorite artists and genres
* To fill in the gaps in their music collections
If you can relate to this niche, and you really love elegant solutions to complex problems, then we'd love to hear from you ASAP.
Full disclosure: we're not doing it for charity, but all compensation is deferred. Our eventual reward is proportional to the success of the application.
We realize that a single candidate may not fulfill the complete wish list below. Therefore, the more of the following qualities and experiences you bring to the team, the better.
Please be prepared to demonstrate your qualifications via a portfolio and/or previous artifacts.
* Team player, good communicator and listener
* Accountable for the success of individual and team projects
* Self-motivated, committed to delivering tested, functional code weekly
* Focused on efficient project turnaround and scalable code
* If you enjoy discovering more about your own favorite artists and their connections to others, that's a plus.
* You've designed and developed successful mobile apps [preferably, for both iOS and Android], mobile-optimized web sites, and full-browser web sites.
** "Successful" means one or more of the following qualities:
*** Profitable, or at least at ~break-even
*** A large percentage of active users who've used your app at least twice in the past 30 days
*** A core user base that is highly engaged with your product, and large enough to generate ongoing revenue
* Your GUI designs demonstrate your ability to bring order and simplicity to deep database content
* Your technical grasp of the finer points of the iOS/Android SDKs has helped you improve products and team decision-making
* You test and debug your code with superior efficiency
* You know your WebKit, HTML5, CSS3 and JQuery
* You've worked in cross-platform mobile development apps like phonegap, appcelerator, etc.
* Previous experience with Agile/Scrum approaches a big plus
Please commit to participating for ~100 hours [@10 hours per week, for ~10 working (non-Holiday) weeks] in order to deploy versions 1 and 2 of application.
* 1-week sprints
* Mid-weekly status report and team conference call
* Test, compile and check in your code for weekly project deployments
* Rapid cycles of user-testing and iteration of working prototypes, adapting to market discoveries
* The GUI's design focus is on clean IA
* We want the first-time user to feel excited about the simplicity and speed of the application, and its power to fulfill their goals
* Later-round GUI will introduce and refine elements intended to deepen user engagement
* Propose and implement your technical recommendations
* The app will query the database [likely via web services] on each refresh
* 3rd party site content will be called in v2 as well
* v1 Milestone: a stable, user-testable GUI connected to a live PostgreSQL database, giving users real-time results for artists and musical connections
* v2 Milestone: functional integration to a 3rd-party site for revenue generation
If this sounds up your alley, we look forward to hearing from you soon.