Urban Farmers of South Puget Sound Message Board › Sources for Heirloom & Organic Seeds

Sources for Heirloom & Organic Seeds

GAYLE N.
user 41779902
Group Organizer
Olympia, WA

Hello, Everyone ~
I hope you all had a great holiday season ~ however you like to celebrate, and I wish for a bright, sustainable, healthy new year for each of us!
Now that the holidays are over, the gardening and seed catalogs are rolling in! I've been perusing the Territorial and Raintree catalogs, already. I've also sent several catalogs straight to the recycle bin, due to their mess of hybrid, genetically freaky and NEW! NEW! offerings. No, thanks.
I wanted to share a list for sources for Heirloom and Organic seeds. This list has over 200 places to check out, depending upon what you want. And, don't forget the good-old fashioned plant and seed-swapping with friends method! Even if you have your favorite sources, you might want to look over the list and see if something grabs your interest.
http://www.off-grid.info/food-independence/heirloom-seed-suppliers.html­

Last year, Urban Farmers had a seed swap in preparation for the coming growing season. Basically, we shared whatever seeds were "extra" from what we had purchased or saved for this year's growing season. I mean, when I buy a pack of pumpkin seeds, I don't expect to plant all 40 seeds in the pack! I'd like to hear back from you about whether you'd like to do this again.
I hope to see some new faces and meet more of you this year at upcoming UF meetups. And thanks to all you "regulars". You've helped make UF what it is and I value all your input and help!
ALL THE BEST IN THE YEAR AHEAD!
Gayle
leigh g.
user 13542348
Olympia, WA
Post #: 32
Baker Creek Heirloom seeds. Bountiful Gardens. Freedom Seeds. All good sources