addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Denver's Urban Survival Network Message Board Announcements and Updates › Want help to finish that project/ help others on the same thing?

Want help to finish that project/ help others on the same thing?

Keith R.
user 35663212
Parachute, CO
Post #: 3
So when I was in Washington I was part of a Camaro guys forum, and since this is all about building community, resources, knowledge and ideas I'd like to propose an idea for all on here. We always had 'install days' for whoever could make it. What that was is everyone would buy parts for their car when they could afford them, and once a month we would all get together and help each other install parts on the cars.

Here's is how it would work, say you have a hugulkultur bed you want to put in, but it's hard work doing it yourself. We would have a barbeque/ meetup at your house and bring our tools and work gloves. We would finish the project that day. So if someone else had a project coming up then we could pull our resources together and go help them and so on and so forth. This concept could apply to just about anything, and for the parents out there your kids could be learning a hell of a lot more than just the x button on their playstation.

So let me know what your ideas are and let's get this going!!
Keith
passionforracing@aol.com put 'project day' in the subject line.

Marsha
rugbymom101
Denver, CO
Post #: 9
Hi Keith, I love your idea. No better way to form community than to work side-by-side on a project. Kinda like the "barn-raising" that farmers would do with each other. Was that WA state or D.C. where you used to live? I aim to build a hugelkultur/lasagna mulch in my garden & part of front yard in early spring. I am contacting David Braden of Applewood Permaculture Institute about scheduling a Hugelkultur, but will need many hands to get it done in a day. I don't have a pickup to bring in the manure & mulch I'll need, so would like to see if I can rent someone's pickup. Perhaps we just schedule projects as a meet up?