It is always better to test software together. We'd like to bounce ideas with you. So, here's to a Day of Swift Beta.
SwiftRiver is a free and open source platform for helping people to make sense of large amounts of information in a short amount of time. It is a mission to democratize access to the tools used to make sense of data - discover information that is authentic, accurate and above all, relevant - by providing the following capabilities:
- Gathering and filtering of information from a variety of channels e.g. RSS, Email, SMS, Twitter etc
- Drawing insights from the collected information
- Allowing people to create buckets of information using their own expectations of authority and accuracy as opposed to popularity.
Date: Saturday, September 8, 2012
Time: 9:00 am - 10pm UTC
This is a virtual event. We will have Swift leaders from many timezones covering the hosting.
EAT host: Emmanuel Kala
EDT hosts: David Kobia, Heather Leson
HAST host: Chris Blow
How to participate:
1. Sign up for your SwiftRiver beta account
2. Connect with us either via skype or irc: See the "Contact Us" wiki page
3. Sign on during the Day of Swift into the Swift Public Skype channel or IRC. Here is a schedule to let you connect and commit times in advance.
4. Hurray, we can then collaborate. In the real-time chats, we can test, discuss, debate, and make recommendations.
We'll set up an etherpad and google doc to collaborate topics. The team might even designate items to test/break as part of the day.
Issues, bugs and features will be tracked in Github.
More SwiftRiver documentation is on the wiki.
More on the Day of Swift wiki page.