Utah Valley Postmormons Message Board › Meetup ideas?

Meetup ideas?

Anne
user 14295768
Orem, UT
Post #: 2
I'd like to personally welcome everyone to the Utah Valley Postmormon Meetup group!

I think this group could be very successful if we come up with some great meetup ideas and get the word out that there are more PostMos out here in Happy Valley than most people think!

Everyone's input about the types of meetups we have would be greatly appreciated. Here are just a few ideas I had:

- Monthly general meetup at a coffee house or restaurant
- Monthly ladies' coffee meetup
- Family barbecues/activities
- Combined playgroups with the Non-Mormon Moms meetup group

What types of meetups would you like? I'd love to hear everyone's ideas!
Linda A.
user 72055372
American Fork, UT
Post #: 1
Hi, I'm Linda Agler.
I have an idea for a meetup on the 24th of February, the Utah Motor Sports Foundation will be showing the Nascar Daytona Race at Club 90. $10.00 will get you breakfast and hotdogs later. It starts at 10:00 AM...just a thought, if there are any interested Nascar viewers or just to meet new people.
Thanks for listening.
Linda
Neil
user 79327002
Orem, UT
Post #: 1
I recently left the Boise area and I was a member of The Boise Atheists and The West Valley Freethinkers. Those folks had monthly luncheons, weekly coffee, park BBQ's, wine and beer tasting and sports nights. a couple of them were shefs and enjoyed hosting dinners at their houses. I was always interested in getting together for colledge lectures and debates that had a secular theme but I don't think we ever did. Some of us constantly wrote letters to the editor to speak out against creationism and we would meet to discuss topics and proof read eachothers letters.

I don't know how different the culture is here but those are some of the things those people enjoyed.

Neil