VW Van Owners of Vancouver Message Board › The big girl got schmunched! - I need help!!! (BodyShop recommend)

The big girl got schmunched! - I need help!!! (BodyShop recommend)

Craig S.
Westfaliaboy
Kamloops, BC
Post #: 3
This may sound a little crazy, but my beloved 1991 Westy AKA "The Big Girl" got bookended in an accident. So, so far, so bad. Too make matters worse, I have the usual rust spots that everyone knows about and when I bring those up (as in wanting to get a few fixed) well, I am batting 0 for 6 in bodyshops so far in Kamloops. So, I guess I have to cast my net farther - any recommends down in the lower mainland for a good bodyshop with some trained people that don't run away screaming when someone mentions "rust" - Thanks
Tammy P.
user 70358152
Richmond, BC
Post #: 122
Sorry to hear about your crash...

Only one that has done body work on my Vanagon is Barry. He fixed some rusty seams. Body work is his specialty. *No* idea if he does full on rust fixes and can guarantee you it won't be cheap. And, drive carefully to his house in Richmond, it's not safe for anyone, especially in parking lots. I just watched a guy repeatedly smash his brand new BMW SUV into a poll on one side and a Mercedes on the other. He was trying to park. Oh, careful through the lights out here too, red light runners, smash!

http://www.werke1.com...­

tam
The Skylight G.
TheSkylightGuy
Gibsons, BC
Post #: 76
Did you talk to Valley West in Summerland?
There are several shops around BC, Werke1 as Tammy suggested, a guy in Comox, our guy in Gibsons, they all have different rates and timing...best to research some.
Gibsons:
Super Nova Auto Body - Rob Heavens ( top of the hill on Cemetary Road - no kidding!) 604-760-9223
Colour Me Randy - 1 block from our shop 604-886-4878
Bernie
user 13397839
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 32
Even if you find a shop that will work on rust they will most likely not guarantee the work do to the nature
of the beast.
Tammy P.
user 70358152
Richmond, BC
Post #: 123
*Always* best to stay close to home for ICBC repair claims after a crash. I've had several crashed and smashed cars (I live in Richmond and no they were not my fault), the car is never the same, nothing you can do about that...BUT, a few days, weeks, months later, with out fail, every single time, even on my brand new car, problems creep up...and back it goes.

My most recent and annoying example was after I was T-boned in the car pool lane, a wind whistle came actually I noticed it a few days later. They fixed it, a few weeks later, back it came, fixed it, few weeks later...It's been a year now, I can't even be bothered to bring it back, again since it always comes back...I'm just counting the days until the end of that car's life, two more years! LOL

tam