addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Vancouver Greens Message Board › Hello Vancouver Greens

Hello Vancouver Greens

Barinder H.
user 77764152
Vancouver, BC
Hi Everyone,

As you probably noticed, the Vancouver Greens Meetup group hasn't disappeared.  I thought it would be a shame if this group went away considering Vancouver has such a rich, Green history.

I'm open to any and all ideas on how to expand the Vancouver Green network and organizing fun events.

Just to let you know a little about myself, I'm a small-business person and provide IT solutions to other small businesses.  I'm also running in the upcoming provincial elections as a candidate for the Green Party of BC in the riding of Vancouver-Mount Pleasant.

Other things I quickly wanted to mention:

Green Party of BC is having our 30th Anniversary Celebration this Friday.  Would be great to see all of you there - http://www.greenparty.bc.ca/celebrating_30_years­

Also, if anyone wishes to volunteer with a campaign, I would love to hear from you - barinder.hans@greenparty.bc.ca­

I look forward to meeting all of you in the near future.

Thanks,

Barinder
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Barinder,

I've been lurking on this group for a while now... I'm interested to come out for green drinks, but unfortunately I have a regular commitment on Wednesday evening.

I'm wondering if there's any appetite here for online discussion? My experience of these things is that it takes some flogging things along before there's enough activity to persuade people (like me) to join in. I would be interested/willing to help with that.

Regards,

Nick Dobbing
West End
A former member
Post #: 3
One more try...
ularl
My experience with groups like this: it's sometimes a big ask, to get people to devote an evening/come to a Meetup. We don't know who we'll meet, what will happen. Could that be what's happening here?

Getting above the threshold of two or three participants: that's a trick.

I'm very much interested in the topic, but as I've said already: I can't do Wednesdays. I've offered a suggestion, but I see there are no takers. Is anyone willing to participate online?

Thanks,

Nick Dobbing
Vancouver, BC
http://www.wovenland....­

N.