Who should attend?
- Those building Web Applications
- Those building HTML/mobile applications
- Those interested in learning about Backbone.js, Angular.js, or Ember.js
What we will cover:
- When to use a Framework
- When not to use a Framework
- Details of the MV* model on the client
- The models
- The views
- The “Whatever”: Controllers, Routers, etc.
- REST and other server communications
- Underpinning libraries: jQuery, Zepto, Underscore
- Coffee Script - should you? Dare you?
- Frameworks: Backbone, Angular, Ember
- Reuse and complexity - the downside to using lots of libraries
What to expect:
What you will learn:
- Understand the core elements of a MV* pattern
- Evaluate the capabilities of existing MV* frameworks
- Build the knowledge required to select appropriate tools based on requirements
Who we are:
Launch Academy is a pre-accelerator program that helps entrepreneurs execute on their startups through education, mentorship, lean metrics and networking opportunities. Launch Academy has established an environment where ideas are vetted, business models are tested and successes are celebrated.
Founded on the values of innovation, opportunities and accountability, Launch Academy addresses the lack of startup education and resources affecting Vancouver entrepreneurs. Launch Academy aims to build a vibrant startup ecosystem and a prosperous economy where new jobs are created and new markets are discovered.