Vancouver Roleplayers' Collective Message Board › Starting an Exalted game

Starting an Exalted game

Ben
Ben.Greyeagle
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
Hey all, i posted an event to be confirmed earlier and recently noticed the 'discussion' section.
I'm starting an Exalted game in October at my place which hasn't been picked yet, so not sure what end of town it will be in. Exalted is a White Wolf d10 system, for those of you who don't know, and deals with moderately mature themes. This game will be focusing primarily on the roll playing aspect of the game, and very much less so the rules aspect. Dice have their place, as the story has it's. It's my opinion that the story is by far the more enjoyable part, the rules giving a mild anchor to reality. If reality has to bend a bit for the story to make sense, so be it.
My intention is to be the storyteller, but if someone experienced and knowledgeable about Exalted would like to step up to the plate they are very much welcome to, as i am unexperienced as a DM but familiar with Exalted. As such, things might be a little slow at first what with getting to know one another and figuring out play styles and people's characters.
I am specifically looking for mature players. We will be dealing with both demons and gods, good people and not, and other such dichotomies. Maturity is absolutely *not* dictated by age, it is by play style. In my book a rules lawyer who kills the gameplay is as irritating as the inanely distracted or nonsequiter prone player. In my old group there were a few people who drank and toked moderately throughout play, and they were fine. There were a few (short lived) members who did so in excess and disrupted play.
I intend to do this Sundays, starting around 11 or 12 and going until we hit a good stopping point or people have to go for work the next day. Usually not more than 6 hours. I also intend to do a brunch-potluck where i'd make a dish, people'd bring things to compliment said dish, before hand while waiting for all teh players to show up as this is rarely synchronized.
I have all of the books in a PDF format, and players will be encouraged to read the Terrestrial: West book as well as the main book, with possible extras depending on the focus of their character. Also, the link above is very handy for understanding the beginning of Exalted characters.
Please feel free to ask questions and to say hi! I appreciate any input that isn't specifically troll related ;)
Devon A.
user 115959072
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
Hey are you still looking to run exalted?
Ben
Ben.Greyeagle
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 2
Yeah, absolutely. I just moved into a place right by Rupert skytrain station, as well. Are you interested in playing? Played before?