Speak
user 10885683
Lafayette, IN
Post #: 1
Just joined, don't know if it is kosher to start topics yet, but seeing how sparse it is here topic-wise thought I would add that chow.com and 101cookbooks(I think .com, but I'm not certain) have supplied 95% of my recipes for my holiday meals the past two years (always 101's cream of artichoke soup), and was wondering if anyone else had good vegetarian recipe websites. Also, I'm a busy guy, and so I think there needs to be more meet-ups here than the once a month I see for nov and dec. I think monthly should not just be a restaurant visit, but also a pot luck. Once I regain furniture, I'd be happy to host downtown for 15 or less for the cat friendly.
A former member
Post #: 1
One thing I've done to find recipes is use Amazon (the search engine is much better than the library's) to find interesting vegetarian/vegan/dairy-free cookbooks and then go to the library website and see if the books are in the system. The Peta's Vegan College Cookbook is good for a laugh, some very inspired recipe naming going on. You may even like the food, if the idea of microwaving a rolled up piece of white bread spread with Earth's Balance and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar sounds appealing! Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming has some great ideas, the classic green bean/mushroom/fried onion recipe is FANTASTIC. Check out http://www.globalvegankitchen.com/index.html­ I have tried a number of her books, Vegan Fire & Spice is nice, I bought Vegan Planet, it's a nice compilation of things.